Macros AltPgUp and AltPgDn

Here you can discuss any topic concerning Far macro commands.
richli

Macros AltPgUp and AltPgDn

Post by richli »

Hello,

First, Far is one of the best OFMs I've ever used. It will be the best if it uses Windows PowerShell as default shell. So far, I am happy enough that FarNet and PowerShellFar work very well for me. Thank you so much!

Attached are two Macros I put up together and found useful. AltPgUp works the same as Alt-i of MC(4.6.2). AltPgDn simulates Alt-o of MC. They are not in Addons\Macros of Far installation(2.0 build 981 x86).

Dr. Nikolai Bezroukov also mentioned the kinds of feature in the Suggestions section of his book(ch05/shtml) on OFM at softpanorama.
""""""""""
F5-F5 should synchronize active and passive panels. Alt-PgDN should open the directory under the cursor (or archive under the cursor) directory on the passive panel, Alt-PgUp should show the parent directory on the passive panel as required by OFM2004.
"""""""""

Please review the appended.

thanks

zhenge
+++++++++++++++++++++
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Far2\KeyMacros\Shell\AltPgDn]
"Description"="Use AltPgDn to open the directory under the cursor on the passive panel"
"Sequence"="Tab c d Space Ctrl; Enter Tab Down"
"DisableOutput"=dword:00000001
"NoFiles"=dword:00000001
"NoSendKeysToPlugins"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Far2\KeyMacros\Shell\AltPgUp]
"Description"="Use AltPgUp to open the parent directory on the passive panel"
"Sequence"="Tab c d Space CtrlShift] Enter Tab"
"DisableOutput"=dword:00000001
+++++++++++++++++++++++
NightRoman

Re: Macros AltPgUp and AltPgDn

Post by NightRoman »

richli

For your AltPgDn I use another sequence, which uses "Same Folder" feature of the standard FAR Commands plugin (see settings):

Code: Select all

═════════════════════════ FAR Commands ════
 [x] Add "Same Folder" to the Plugins menu
The sequence:
F11 0 Tab CtrlPgDn Tab
.. where '0' is the hotkey of "Same Folder" in the Plugins menu

The advantage of my approach is that archives are treated in the same way as directories. Even more, this actually "works" for some other file types, too, it depends on CtrlPgDn action for them (see file associations).
NightRoman

Re: Macros AltPgUp and AltPgDn

Post by NightRoman »

(offtopic )
It will be the best if it uses Windows PowerShell as default shell.
At first I used to think so, too. Now I am not so sure. Actually I even have strong doubts. There will be rather long way of PowerShell adoption and this process should not be forced for many reasons. One of them is that PowerShell is still at its “beta” age, no matter how they call it: RTM, CTP, RC...

But PowerShell is still one of the best scripting tools for Windows, this is the fact, too. The way how it is integrated into Far is actually quite good, IMHO, at least for now. Still, I am always interested in fresh ideas and in reasonable criticism:
http://forum.farmanager.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3885

Return to “Macro Commands Discussions”