Strange inconsistencies running FAR

You have encountered a problem using Far Manager? Here you can get help.
pepak

Strange inconsistencies running FAR

Post by pepak »

I have encountered strange inconsistencies when running FAR on my computer. I have three slightly different "instances" which behave differently:

1) FAR 1.71a4 (build 2348) stored in Y:\FAR, running under my regular user (limited access everywhere I could limit it). This FAR runs perfectly.

2) The same FAR, but running under Administrator. It shows at least two differences:
(i) Plugins in drive menu are all messed up - I have two Services, two Named Folders, two FTPs, and their respective disc numbers are all different from 1).
(ii) File totals display (at the bottom of the panels) uses some high-ascii character for thousands separator.
The strange thing is, when I saw these problems, I saved configuration from 1) and restored them to 2) and it didn't have any effect! For all I can see, both instances are now using the same configuration and still they look different.

3) I have an older stable version of FAR (1.70 release) stored in another place. When run under Administrator, it behaves just like 1) and unlike 2). Which leaves me completely baffled - it should use the same settings as 2) since it runs under the same user.
HaRT

Re: Strange inconsistencies running FAR

Post by HaRT »

pepak wrote:(i) Plugins in drive menu are all messed up
Does the shortcut you use to run that Far contain any additional plugin paths?
Have you tried to run the ClearPluginsCache.bat utility (requires restart of FAR)?
pepak wrote:their respective disc numbers are all different from 1
Did you try to specify particular “drive numbers” in their settings or are they auto-assigned?
pepak wrote:(ii) File totals display (at the bottom of the panels) uses some high-ascii character for thousands separator
See FormatNumberSeparators (TechInfo #78).
Фар есть инструмент, а не нянька. © 2009 DrKnS
pepak

Re: Strange inconsistencies running FAR

Post by pepak »

ClearPluginsCache worked, as I am sure the FormatNumberSeparators would, but I am more concerned with the strange inconsistency that with fixing the display issues.

Return to “Support and Troubleshooting”