Cut (Ctrl+X) does not work

You have encountered a problem using Far Manager? Here you can get help.
Marcos

Cut (Ctrl+X) does not work

Post by Marcos »

Hello,
I've noticed in FAR v1 that it was not possible to Cut (Ctrl+X) the text from the command line and this has not changed yet in v2 either. Would you please implement support for the Cut feature for selected text known from Windows? It'd be extremely usable, for instance, if one copies text from the history and wants to move a part of it (e.g. parameters) at a different position at the command line. Now selecting text at the command line and pressing Ctrl+X deletes the entire line without copying anything to clipboard.
chupakabra

Re: Cut (Ctrl+X) does not work

Post by chupakabra »

Read about macros.
HaRT

Post by HaRT »

You should have read Help on command line keyboard commands prior to posting a request like this.

To achieve what you wish, you can construct a macro using CtrlIns and Del/CtrlY.
Фар есть инструмент, а не нянька. © 2009 DrKnS
chupakabra

Post by chupakabra »

Better use ShiftDel.
HaRT

Post by HaRT »

chupakabra wrote:Better use ShiftDel.
No, as ShiftDel only cuts the command line selection if panels are off. With panels on, it prompts for permanent deletion of the selected panel items.
Фар есть инструмент, а не нянька. © 2009 DrKnS
Marcos

Post by Marcos »

I understand, but if you have dozens of users in the network and then, you must also care about transferring macros from the registry when reinstalling the system, etc. I consider accomplishing that via a macro as a workaround, not as a solution. It looks to me like a trivial feature that should work "out of the box". Anyways, the workaround is sufficient to me personally.
Centaur

Post by Centaur »

Marcos wrote:Now selecting text at the command line and pressing Ctrl+X deletes the entire line without copying anything to clipboard.
Ctrl+E/Ctrl+X perform command line history navigation (previous/next entered command). This is historic and is not going to change just to make CUA-accustomed users happy.

Return to “Support and Troubleshooting”