arclite is unusable due to language conflicts

You have encountered a problem using Far Manager? Here you can get help.
LigH

arclite is unusable due to language conflicts

Post by LigH »

If you set up Far Manager to a Main Language arclite has no translation for (e.g. German), arclite defaults to Russian. This results in question marks everywhere (with the bitmap font DOSFON by Uwe Sieber I set up). If it would default to English, I would have at least a chance to read any characters. But so I am forced to set up the Main Language of Far Manager to English to be able to use arclite.
chupakabra

Re: arclite is unusable due to language conflicts

Post by chupakabra »

Do you have other plugins UI in English?
Delete Russian .lng file from arclite subdir to workaround problem.
LigH

Post by LigH »

I wonder if a reason might be that the file arclite_rus.lng starts with

Code: Select all

.Language=English,English
Not sure what is supposed to be there; maybe one "Russian" in English, one "По Русский" in Russian.

If I wanted to create a German translation, should the first line be ".Language=German,Deutsch" or ".Language=Deutsch,German" or something else?
chupakabra

Post by chupakabra »

Yes, that is a source of this problem. It should be .Language=Russian,Russian (Русский). It will be fixed in a next version.
For German you need .Language=German,German (Deutsch). Note that if you want to localize arclite you need to modify en.msg (available at http://farmanager.com/svn/trunk/plugins/arclite/). Be sure to save file in Unicode.
Centaur

Post by Centaur »

LigH wrote:question marks everywhere (with the bitmap font DOSFON by Uwe Sieber I set up)
If you use a bitmap font, you should be prepared to see question marks everywhere.
LigH

Post by LigH »

Even if I saw cyrillic chars, I would probably have a hard time understanding the terms if they are not anglicisms (or even germanisms; funny how many Russian has since Peter the Tsar and Carpenter returned).

Well, I learned a bit Russian in the times of the GDR, but I hardly remember anything, and it was not at all computer related anyway... ;)

Nevertheless – good to know that the developers already know where to improve the package. :good:

Return to “Support and Troubleshooting”