Mouse wheel doesn't work in Windows 10 Anniv. Ed.

Here you can report bugs found in Far Manager.
Mumak

Post by Mumak »

Hi,

since I upgraded Windows 10 to Anniversary Edition (build 14393) mouse wheel up/down doesn't work in FAR.
Other apps are OK, tried to change several settings in Windows (incl. Scroll inactive windows), but nothing helps.

Thanks.
OlegX

Post by OlegX »

I confirm on the virtual mashine.
WinVer: Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.10)
Far Manager, version 3.0 (build 4749) x64 (or FAR 2)

In other windows include console (cmd.exe) it works.
Mumak

Post by Mumak »

Yes, it was working on the previous Windows 10 version (TH2/1511) and I can see the problem on 7 different upgraded machines with different FAR 3 versions.
MS must have changed something...
Yegor

Post by Yegor »

I can confirm that mouse wheel stopped working in Windows 10 Anniv Update. But I cannot confirm that it continues working in cmd. It does not for me.

BTW "[x] Use legacy console" in console properties resolves the issue.
Мы не можем ждать милостей от Фара, взять их у него — наша задача! (C) Мичурин
DrKnS

Post by DrKnS »

Guys, report this to MS, we don't have an access to the Windows code.
Mumak

Post by Mumak »

Yegor wrote: BTW "[x] Use legacy console" in console properties resolves the issue.
Yes it does :)
DrKnS wrote:Guys, report this to MS, we don't have an access to the Windows code.
I doubt they will do anything.
Are you able to check why it doesn't work anymore? Seems MS made some changes with the 'new console'...
HaRT

Post by HaRT »

Discussion of the same issue in Russian: http://forum.farmanager.com/viewtopic.p ... 75#p139775
Фар есть инструмент, а не нянька. © 2009 DrKnS
DrKnS

Post by DrKnS »

Mumak wrote: Are you able to check why it doesn't work anymore? Seems MS made some changes with the 'new console'...
Console host doesn't send mouse wheel events to applications anymore. Instead wheel simply scrolls the screen bufffer (if it's bigger than the window area) or does nothing at all (if it's the same).

We CAN NOT fix this on our side.

Please go [url=feedback-hub://feedback-hub:?contextid=449&feedbackid=59775b23-0f5f-40de-bea1-bb97a2900845&form=1&src=2]here[/url] or [url=feedback-hub://feedback-hub:?contextid=268&feedbackid=fbb7d398-9e50-4066-a006-822668f9f02c&form=1&src=2]here[/url] (or raise a new one), upvote and leave your comments, that's the only way.
zadjii

Post by zadjii »

Sorry to necro an old thread, but I do have some feedback as a Microsoft employee:
In general, the best place to raise issues with the console team at Microsoft is via this github page: https://github.com/Microsoft/BashOnWindows. While we don't really have a public issue tracker specifically for the Console, that one is probably the most watched.

I can tell you that this was most definitely NOT a known bug until this morning, and fortunately someone linked this thread to me so I could get some more details. I'll probably get a chance to really investigate later this week, or it's possible someone else may be able to get to it quicker than me.
As far as this goes:
Mumak wrote: I doubt they will do anything.
I can assure you that we actually will try to do something. There may not be a large team working on the console (conhost.exe), but we do try our hardest to prevent any regressions like this. Though, this is exactly why the legacy console option exists :)
HaRT

Post by HaRT »

Фар есть инструмент, а не нянька. © 2009 DrKnS
Mumak

Post by Mumak »

zadjii wrote: Sorry to necro an old thread, but I do have some feedback as a Microsoft employee:
In general, the best place to raise issues with the console team at Microsoft is via this github page: https://github.com/Microsoft/BashOnWindows. While we don't really have a public issue tracker specifically for the Console, that one is probably the most watched.

I can tell you that this was most definitely NOT a known bug until this morning, and fortunately someone linked this thread to me so I could get some more details. I'll probably get a chance to really investigate later this week, or it's possible someone else may be able to get to it quicker than me.
As far as this goes:

Mumak wrote:
Source of the post I doubt they will do anything.

I can assure you that we actually will try to do something. There may not be a large team working on the console (conhost.exe), but we do try our hardest to prevent any regressions like this. Though, this is exactly why the legacy console option exists :)
Wow :shock: Miracles indeed happen! :D
Thank you !!
2useven10

Post by 2useven10 »

Mumak wrote: Wow Miracles indeed happen!
Yes. It worked!
Really not -- only for [x] Legacy mode...
2useven10

Post by 2useven10 »

Fall Creators Update -- fixed!

Return to “Bug Reports”