Error: Cannot load language data

Here you can report bugs found in Far Manager.
Shmuel

Re: Error: Cannot load language data

Post by Shmuel »

Latest post of the previous page:

Would you mind to try my makefile (for gcc, works from FAR command line, no cygwin or msys needed)?
Attachments
makefile.zip
(76.16 KiB) Downloaded 448 times
MortenMacFly

Post by MortenMacFly »

Shmuel wrote:Would you mind to try my makefile (for gcc, works from FAR command line, no cygwin or msys needed)?
I would love to... but how? I extracted both files to the unicode_far folder and ran sed.exe. But it tells me it needs a sed script (whatever that is). So I provided the makefile_smz, but that does not work. What do I have to do?!
Shmuel

Post by Shmuel »

Sorry, my fault. I should have written explicitly what to do. sed was included because it participates in the build but I was not sure If you had one on your PATH.

Anyways, you were meant to do the following:

Code: Select all

make -B -f makefile_smz
t-rex
Страшный и ужасный

Post by t-rex »

For the sake of a clean test try running (and delete lang.hpp, *.lng before running it)
tools\lng.generator.exe farlang.templ
(without extra parametrs) this will regenerate all the files each time and then verify that the number of entries in lang.hpp equals to the number of strings in *.lng
MortenMacFly

Post by MortenMacFly »

Shmuel wrote:Anyways, you were meant to do the following:

Code: Select all

make -B -f makefile_smz
I can't believe it: THIS WORKS!!!
And in fact the produced language files are different. When I do a diff they (in fact) differ in a lot places. Now I wonder how that can be. Is there any possibility to see the command lines executed when this script runs???
MortenMacFly

Post by MortenMacFly »

t-rex wrote: delete lang.hpp, *.lng
tools\lng.generator.exe farlang.templ
will regenerate all the files each time and then verify
That was IT. I did the steps and now everything is working properly. So in fact it was an old lng file that did not get updated due to some strange caching (what's-o-ever).

Problem solved! Thanks guys!

Oh - and btw: Something even more strange (but solved, too): After getting Far 1.80 compiled I tried again the 1.71 alpha I was referring to previously:. Guess what: This works now, too. I don't really get why, because I did the very same thing: Unextracting and running but... what the hell... probably my computer does mystic things... who knows.

Thanks a lot to you guys again!
Archo

Post by Archo »

Hi in here. Mabe i have missed the topic out, but thought that problem and mine are similar:
My problem is that when i open any folder, i find saying ClickCather in the upper corner and "Can't load language data". Unless you press OK, i can't switch on between other folders.. i press OK, and then.. vicious circle.. I'm running Windows XP SP3. Thank you for any response.

Return to “Bug Reports”