File Not Found error

Here you can report bugs found in Far Manager.
JimWilson

File Not Found error

Post by JimWilson »

Using FAR 1.75 build 2604 x86 on a Dell laptop running XP SP2, fully patched. Language is US English.

I have come across several files in the same folder that FAR can't copy, move or change the attributes on, but it can delete them. An example of the full path and file name is this:

C:\Documents and Settings\wilsoja3\Favorites\My Stuff\Subwoofers\Bazooka BTA8250D BT Series 250-watt powered 8 Bass Tuber at Crutchfield.com.url

I attached a JPEG of the error message.

Windows Explorer and My Computer are able to copy and move them, and I can change the attributes using "attrib" from a CMD window, so I know there's nothing wrong with the files or there names.

I don't see anything weird or unusual about the path or file names that could cause a problem. Is this a FAR bug or am I missing something?

Regards,
Jim
Attachments
FAR Error.JPG
FAR Error.JPG (83.39 KiB) Viewed 10412 times
tstr

Re: File Not Found error

Post by tstr »

Write here file name form Explorer.
maybe filename contains unicode chars, what you ca't see in FAR console - like "Bazooka BTA6100 BT Series 100-watt powered 6-1/2" Bass Tube®"

or try to use Far2 with unicode support.
JimWilson

Post by JimWilson »

Looks like you were right; when I use Explorer I see a "®" character in the file name, which wasn't showing up in the error FAR was giving me.

I was going to try Far2 a while ago but several of the plugins I rely on aren't supported, so I haven't upgraded.
Игорь Юдинцев

Post by Игорь Юдинцев »

JimWilson wrote:I was going to try Far2 a while ago but several of the plugins I rely on aren't supported, so I haven't upgraded.
Actually, Far 2 maintains backward compatibility with old 1.7x plugins.
JimWilson

Post by JimWilson »

Really? With all of them? I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the info! Maybe now I'll upgrade...
pepak

Post by pepak »

Not all of them, but quite a few. Of the plugins I actually use, less than one half support FAR 2.0, but all but one work with it. Including some of my own plugins, which do not consider the existence of FAR 2.0 at all.
JimWilson

Post by JimWilson »

I have become so accustomed to a few of the plugins that I just don't know how I could get along without them. Some of those are; ctrldisk, Advanced Compare, Branch, Direct Directory, Visual Rename, and perhaps my all time favorite, Multi-Panel.

Return to “Bug Reports”