Open an archive with arc: then selecting .. bug

Here you can report bugs found in Far Manager.
zippy1981

Open an archive with arc: then selecting .. bug

Post by zippy1981 »

Hello,

Lets say I amd in c:\users\zippy\Downloads. I then open open up an achive in far with the command arc:c:\myArchives\foo.zip. When I am done with the archive I page-up to the ".." and hit enter. Instead of taking me to c:\myArchives, which I'd expect, it takes me to c:\users\zippy\Downloads. I don't expect ".." to pop the stack. I expect it to move one level up in the hierarchy.

Justin
2useven10

Re: Open an archive with arc: then selecting .. bug

Post by 2useven10 »

Code: Select all

I don't expect ".." to pop the stack. I expect it to move one level up in the hierarchy.
You do not have implicit "cd c:\myArchives" here. Far did exactly what I expect (it will be a bug if not).
By the way what do you expect after "view:D\1\1\2\3\4\5\file.txt" and Esc ?
zippy1981

Post by zippy1981 »

2useven10 wrote:By the way what do you expect after "view:D\1\1\2\3\4\5\file.txt" and Esc ?
I expect an plugin that loads the contents of a file into a panel to behave differently from one that loads the contents of a file into the viewer or editor. I expect farmanager to create the abstraction that the archive is a special type of folder that I entered.
2useven10

Post by 2useven10 »

ok, imagine that...
farmanager creates folder abstraction when you press enter on archive, and symbolic link abstraction in case arc:path\archive.

Return to “Bug Reports”