Realtime update of file panel while copying

Something is missing in Far Manager? You have a great idea that should be heard? Write here.
hoffenfar

Realtime update of file panel while copying

Post by hoffenfar »

Don't know if this is already on request, but it would be good if the panel colours would be updated in realtime while copying/moving etc., so the colour of the marked files would change back to normal colour, if the file was already operated on, not only after closing the progress dialog.

Another one: It would be nice, if (optionally) the currently selected file on the passive panel would be markable with another color (ok, it's visible on the status line at the bottom, but...).
KtW

Re: Realtime update of file panel while copying

Post by KtW »

Nice Idea I Like It!
HaRT

Post by HaRT »

hoffenfar wrote:so the colour of the marked files would change back to normal colour, if the file was already operated on, not only after closing the progress dialog.
It's a good old DOS Navigator (?) feature asked many times in the Russian-language part of the forum before.
hoffenfar wrote:It would be nice, if (optionally) the currently selected file on the passive panel would be markable with another color (ok, it's visible on the status line at the bottom, but...).
It's a feature I've been missing for years. Probably I expressed the wish in Russian long ago — no progress since then, alas.
Фар есть инструмент, а не нянька. © 2009 DrKnS
DrKnS

Post by DrKnS »

It's a good old DOS Navigator (?) feature asked many times in the Russian-language part of the forum before.
Not only DN, but maybe all FM's of that era has this feature.
I think it's not so hard to implement, but life changed, we have much more files now and it may noticeably slow down the copying process. You are sure it's worth it?
It's a feature I've been missing for years. Probably I expressed the wish in Russian long ago — no progress since then, alas.
Create appropriate issue in the bugtracker, it may help.
HaRT

Post by HaRT »

DrKnS wrote:we have much more files now and it may noticeably slow down the copying process. You are sure it's worth it?
Just like progress bar updates, it won't result in a slow-down if implemented properly — e.g. update less than 3 times per second, only re-highlight the files that have been processed, etc.
Фар есть инструмент, а не нянька. © 2009 DrKnS

Return to “Suggestions and Ideas”