Disable history on certain folders?

Something is missing in Far Manager? You have a great idea that should be heard? Write here.
cyberwolf

Disable history on certain folders?

Post by cyberwolf »

I have a few folders on my computer that contain dynamically generated files (images) that i open with IrfanView from Far Manager.
Since the files change often, the FAR history contains a lot of entries that are either invalid or not useful to me.
My problem is that FAR's history gets filled up with those entries and i'd like to not have them in there.

:?: So, is there a way to have a FAR scripts (or maybe FAR itself ?) disable the history for certain folders (the folders can be hardcoded into the script for example since there are just a few of them) ?

Thanx in advance.

P.S. a few example of history entries that should not be added :
"c:\webroot\traffic\29.11.2013_12h.jpg"
"c:\webroot\user\images\qwertyui.jpg"

P.S. i don't mind if nothing that's done in that folder is saved (for example execute/edit/modify), those are folders that i want to ignore completely from the history.
Last edited by HaRT on Fri 29 Nov, 2013 14:39, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed the Subject
Sorry for writing in English in the Russian forums, but i don't speak Russian and don't trust online translators. :D

"There’s no teacher who can teach anything new He can just help us to remember the things we always knew." ~ ENIGMA
HaRT

Re: [Req] Macro to disable history on certain folders

Post by HaRT »

The great AltHistory plugin has a feature to exclude history items by a pattern — hit AltDel when its respective history window in open.
Фар есть инструмент, а не нянька. © 2009 DrKnS
cyberwolf

Post by cyberwolf »

HaRT wrote:The great AltHistory plugin has a feature to exclude history items by a pattern — hit AltDel when its respective history window in open.
Thank you very much, it does what i needed.
The only problem is that the "command history" doesn't contain the folders, only the files. Anyways, i was able to filter them according to their name, luckily the names contain a pattern that can be added as a filter.

Edit : i've tried MoreHistory, it also has the ability to filter folders but it has the same problem as AltHistory : the "execute command" doesn't include the full path, so filtering must be done on the filename/command not the folder.
Sorry for writing in English in the Russian forums, but i don't speak Russian and don't trust online translators. :D

"There’s no teacher who can teach anything new He can just help us to remember the things we always knew." ~ ENIGMA
HaRT

Post by HaRT »

cyberwolf wrote:the "execute command" doesn't include the full path, so filtering must be done on the filename/command not the folder.
It was only recently (r3713) that Far started saving in its history the directory a command was run in and exposing it to plugins via FAR API. History plugin authors have been asked to add filtering by that directory in some form: AltHisotry, MoreHistory. Please feel free to voice your suggestions there as the authors can read tech English.
Фар есть инструмент, а не нянька. © 2009 DrKnS
cyberwolf

Post by cyberwolf »

HaRT wrote:
cyberwolf wrote:the "execute command" doesn't include the full path, so filtering must be done on the filename/command not the folder.
It was only recently (r3713) that Far started saving in its history the directory a command was run in and exposing it to plugins via FAR API. History plugin authors have been asked to add filtering by that directory in some form: AltHisotry, MoreHistory. Please feel free to voice your suggestions there as the authors can read tech English.
Thanx, i'll post there my request.

Also, this forum thread might be moved to a more general area of the forum since it's not about Macros anymore.

Return to “Suggestions and Ideas”