Dutch localization

Something is missing in Far Manager? You have a great idea that should be heard? Write here.
Tuvok

Dutch localization

Post by Tuvok »

Hello,

I am using FarManager for a few weeks now and it is a rich application and very fast.
Is FarManager development still active and can we expect a major upgrade in the near future?

If so, I like to translate it to Dutch. I have some years of experience in translating applications for multiple platforms.

Regards,
Tuvok
John Doe
Бюрократ

Re: Dutch localization

Post by John Doe »

Tuvok wrote:Is FarManager development still active and can we expect a major upgrade in the near future?
Here is changelog.
Almost everyday you get fresh build.
Development is gradual, and I do not know what do you expect from 'major' upgrage.
Tuvok

Post by Tuvok »

I refer to the development and implementation of new ideas and features as a major upgrade instead of bugfix releases.
Can you give me some information how I can help to localize Far Manager to Dutch?
HaRT

Post by HaRT »

Tuvok wrote:Can you give me some information how I can help to localize Far Manager to Dutch?
Please read a few messages starting from this.
Also, you might wish to see topics containing “Translation” in their subject within General Discussions.
Фар есть инструмент, а не нянька. © 2009 DrKnS
John Doe
Бюрократ

Post by John Doe »

Tuvok wrote:I refer to the development and implementation of new ideas and features as a major upgrade instead of bugfix releases.
Feel free to post your ideas about new features (in separate forum topics).
Tuvok

Post by Tuvok »

Where can I find the latest source files that I can translate to Dutch?
HaRT

Post by HaRT »

Tuvok wrote:Where can I find the latest source files that I can translate to Dutch?
Go to farmanager.com's English-language start page, follow the “open source” link atop and you'll find the link to the sources there.
Shmuel

Post by Shmuel »

Tuvok wrote:Where can I find the latest source files that I can translate to Dutch?
The language files are generated from farlang.templ.m4. You can add a language to this file.
Alternatively, you can download the latest nightly build of Far Manager, translate FarEng.lng - then we can incorporate the translation into farlang.templ.m4 (we have a utility for that).
Last edited by Shmuel on Mon 14 Jul, 2014 17:06, edited 1 time in total.
HaRT

Post by HaRT »

Shmuel wrote:The language files are generated from farlang.templ.m4. You can add a language to this file.
Alternatively, you can download the latest build of Far Manager, translate FarEng.lng - then we can incorporate the translation into farlang.templ.m4 (we have a utility for that).
Tuvok was supposed to learn that from this advice:
HaRT wrote:
Tuvok wrote:Can you give me some information how I can help to localize Far Manager to Dutch?
Please read a few messages starting from this.
Shmuel

Re:

Post by Shmuel »

HaRT wrote:Tuvok was supposed to learn that from this advice: [......]
He is about to do a very hard work and I think any help I can do won't be redundant.
Tuvok

Post by Tuvok »

Thank you guys for the information. I will start translating the FarEng.lng and post it in this thread when ready.
Tuvok

Dutch localization

Post by Tuvok »

Finally I have the time after year to start translating. The Dutch translation is in progress and will be available soon.

Return to “Suggestions and Ideas”