Thanks a lot for the quick fix, indeed it solves the problem. Works just fine with 4162 x64.
You are very welcome. It was actually a nasty bug, thanks for reporting.
1) Ctrl+F10 = "Go to File" is not working in FarNet based editors
Ctrl+F10 is the feature of Far. If it is not working you may try to discuss it
in another thread. If it is a bug then it may be fixed (does not depend on me).
Your scenario can be described as the following steps:
- On [F4] a plugin on the first event EE_GOTFOCUS opens a message box.
- On closing the dialog the plugin closes the editor and opens another file in the editor.
- [CtrlF10] does not work as expected in this new editor, i.e. does not go to this file in panels.
2) The new behavior (when the method called) of Editor.Invoke() is little bit different
That is how Far works now and how FarNet is adapted for this. EE_REDRAW now is
the very first event. It used to be different in earlier Far versions, EE_READ was the
first event and your scenario worked differently (say, better for some cases, maybe
worse in others, imagine, it is exactly needed that a dialog is shown in the already
visible editor). This is Far design, its developers know why it is done this way.
See some details (Russian) -- о событиях в редакторе
In particular, in it is by design that in EE_READ the editor is already shown.
(Why? I do not know.)
I recommend you to change your approach because its design is somewhat dangerous.
In fact you close an editor from an event handler. There may be other plugins that
should process this event for this editor, too. But you close it. The result
depends on how Far or plugins are implemented to handle this, even if they
handle this fine now this may change later.
I will explain how you can solve your problems and implement a safer way a bit
later, now I have to go. This way is not more difficult than the current.