Colorer — syntax highlighting and text parsing

Here you can discuss about your favorite plug-in.
alskor

Colorer — syntax highlighting and text parsing

Post by alskor »

when I start the FAR internal editor using F4 key on a file, the editor is sometimes blocked until the colorer plugin is loaded. which can take up to 5 seconds on my laptop, which sucks.
is it possible to show the editor right away when I use F4 and let the colorer load its stuff and do the highlighting later, when it has time?
this would be really great.
Last edited by HaRT on Mon 03 Aug, 2009 19:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Renamed the topic
techie

Re: Colorer — syntax highlighting and text parsing

Post by techie »

If you still experience this issues, please fill a bug with sample files to Colorer project at http://colorer.sf.net
senpost

How to enable colorer for Viewer?

Post by senpost »

I could see files syntax highlighted in Editor using Colorer. How do I enable Colorer for Viewer?

Thanks
"To us all towns are one, all men our kin"
Kanniyan Poongundran, Tamil Poet, 500 BC
Kildor

Re: How to enable colorer for Viewer?

Post by Kildor »

that`s impossible. Viewer doesn`t have support for coloring, also there are some more problems to prevent this feature.
Ты мне не выкай!
«ФарФорум не для пользователей!»
Upd:
P.S. Я просто поддерживаю беседу.» © Народ.

xmpp:kildor@jabber.ru
senpost

Post by senpost »

Mhmm :( Anyway thanks for the reply.
"To us all towns are one, all men our kin"
Kanniyan Poongundran, Tamil Poet, 500 BC
Centaur

Post by Centaur »

You can try the standalone viewer that comes with colorer. It’s called colorer.exe. However, you lose screen switching, unless you run it in some special way (conemu comes to mind).
KlepetoX

Post by KlepetoX »

Is there any possibility to prevent Colorer highlighting on some file types? I.e. - I don't want to highlight plain .txt or binary .dll and .exe files...
peotta

Colorer error

Post by peotta »

I'm using far 3.0.2806. When I try to open a file an error occurs.

Function: ProcessEditorEventW
Module: colorer.dll

I've tried to use far3wrap. no sucess.

tks

Laerte Peotta
HaRT

Post by HaRT »

All FAR3 plugins have been broken by the changes to the plugins API on Sep 16. Please use an earlier FAR3 version.
Фар есть инструмент, а не нянька. © 2009 DrKnS
cyberwolf

Post by cyberwolf »

I've asked the Colorer team and they said they should have a working update in 1-2 weeks, so all we need to do is wait until they update the FarColorer plugin.
Also, you could downgrade your FAR installation to an older version (i believe 3.0.2798 still had the older API so Colorer works with it).
Sorry for writing in English in the Russian forums, but i don't speak Russian and don't trust online translators. :D

"There’s no teacher who can teach anything new He can just help us to remember the things we always knew." ~ ENIGMA
pnecas

Post by pnecas »

I'm using several plugins including Colorer and all are crashing with the recent Far builds (last one that works fine is 2798). So because of the change in the plugins API we will have to wait until all the plugin authors updates the plugins with the new API? Why the API was changed? I was checking few plugin pages and nobody did any update to support the new plugin API since the last week. Maybe I need to be more patient. Thanks
cyberwolf

Post by cyberwolf »

I don't know the reason for the API changes but from what i could understand FAR3 is still in development so they didn't "freeze" the API and changes might still occur.
Regarding the plugins, since all developers do the development in their spare time it will take time for them to react. Besides, many might wait a few more FAR builds to make sure that the API won't change anymore before upgrading their own plugins.

For now, the only solution we as users have is to use the 2798 version (you can get it from the nightly page) and wait for the plugin developers to upgrade their plugins, or we can go with the newest FAR and don't use plugins that were not updated.
For me it's the first since i use many plugins and it will take time for all of them to be updated.
Sorry for writing in English in the Russian forums, but i don't speak Russian and don't trust online translators. :D

"There’s no teacher who can teach anything new He can just help us to remember the things we always knew." ~ ENIGMA
ctapmex

Post by ctapmex »

fix in colorer 1.0.3.11
kamil

Post by kamil »

Can someone please advise how to configure FarColorer, so it wold show tabs as different color than spaces?
HaRT

Post by HaRT »

kamil
In Colorer, you'd need to edit the schemes for those file kinds you want the TABs highlighted in.
If you need to see TABs regardless of the file syntax, I'd recommend you the Visualizer plugin.
Фар есть инструмент, а не нянька. © 2009 DrKnS

Return to “General Plug-In Discussions”