Tabs plugin

Here you can discuss about your favorite plug-in.
pandronic

Tabs plugin

Post by pandronic »

I'm a big fan of Far's Screens feature. It would be nice if there were a plug-in that would show the open viewers, editors in a tab bar. Here's my idea:

- a key (or combination) would toggle between the "tab bar" and the "function keys bar" to save space
- each tab's background is color coded: cyan for panel, green for editor, yellow for viewer
- active tab's foreground text is white
- if there are more tabs that don't fit on the screen you have two arrows in the right corner to scroll through the tab bar
- here's a concept:
Concept
Concept
far-tabs.png (34.87 KiB) Viewed 10232 times
Hope someone with coding skills finds this idea interesting and makes it happen.
HaRT

Re: Tabs plugin

Post by HaRT »

Please take a look at the PanelTabs plugin.
If you dislike how it displays tabs, maybe you'll be able to combine it with the Screen Gadgets plugin to get a closer result to what you desire.
After all, make a suggestion in the discussion of PanelTabs (most plugin authors can read English).
Фар есть инструмент, а не нянька. © 2009 DrKnS
pandronic

Post by pandronic »

From what I could understand PanelTabs implements tabs only for file panels. It is useful, but unfortunately I need to see different Editor and Viewer instances as tabs, not different folders.

Screen Gadgets on the other hand doesn't seem to be powerful enough to make a bar of current screens (or at least I couldn't figure it out).

Thanks for the suggestions, anyway. I'll post in the threads you gave me and see what happens.
Max Rusov

Post by Max Rusov »

pandronic

Post by pandronic »

That's brilliant. Thanks

Return to “General Plug-In Discussions”