FTP Plugin

Want to suggest an idea for a new plug-in? Know for sure what is needed for plug-in X to become the best? Write here.
pepak

FTP Plugin

Post by pepak »

There is one functionality which I really like in ProxyKit (AKA Far Navigator) and which I can't find in the standard FTP plugin: ProxyKit has an extra "Default overwrite action", "Newer" - which basically means that depending on the file time of local and FTP file, the action will be either Skip or Overwrite. I would very much like to have this option in the standard plugin.

(I could, of course, keep using ProxyKit, but unlike the default plugin, it has serious problems with files larger than 4 GB)
jedpod

Re: FTP Plugin

Post by jedpod »

Option with choosing the new file could be interesting but to me NetBox plugin has to be corrected regarding following issues:
1. FTP - It can't follow symbolic links
2. FTP - For moving data from one folder to another at the same time it needs to extract file to the local. I've got linux PVR (VuDuo2) and moving file from one directory into another one (from main into 'main\fun\' subfolder) it needs to download complete file locally and then send this local copy back to PVR. This procedure can take ages. I miss the previous ftp plug-in :(
3. FTP - Stability improvement, so many times plugin exits with error message, I even can't count. Previous 'ftp' pluging one was much better.

I need just ftp, none of the other options is interesting for me. Why I need to use buggy NetBox? Why I don't have choice ?
t-rex
Страшный и ужасный

Post by t-rex »

You have a choice, the old plugin is available on plugring.
jedpod

Post by jedpod »

You're right, now I have a choice. Some time ago this plugin wasn't available or I had problems with its activation.
Ufff, I can rid off NetBox. Perfect

Return to “Suggestions and Ideas”