Tabbed window to switch between multiple panel pairs

Want to suggest an idea for a new plug-in? Know for sure what is needed for plug-in X to become the best? Write here.
LigH

Post by LigH »

Often I need multiple instances of Far Manager, because only one pair of panels is not enough. Unfortunately, this clutters up the taskbar (despite grouping) and the appswitcher. I would like to be able to switch among several panel pairs using a keyboard hotkey (e.g. Ctrl+Tab).

I already looked through the available plugins: MultiPanels appears to be obsolete, never ported to x86-64; PanelTabs does not seem to be the one I need, I could not discover if I can switch panel tabs via keyboard shortcuts (everything in Russian, no English documentation), the tab numbers appear to be only decorative. Also I would prefer to switch the whole pair of panels to another content.

I guess if Far manager on its own does not provide it, and does not provide such a plugin either, I could try to use a tabbed consoles application and load a Far manager in each console tab of its window...
Shmuel

Post by Shmuel »

Try ConEmu. Many people use it.
John Doe
Бюрократ

Post by John Doe »

LigH wrote: Tue 13 Jun, 2017 09:15MultiPanels appears to be obsolete, never ported to x86-64
http://forum.farmanager.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8759

Return to “Suggestions and Ideas”