Plugins for viewing HTM files in FAR3

Want to suggest an idea for a new plug-in? Know for sure what is needed for plug-in X to become the best? Write here.
cyberwolf

Plugins for viewing HTM files in FAR3

Post by cyberwolf »

I would like to know if there is any plugin (other than hyperview) that can display HTML files in FAR3 with coloring.

The Hyperview plugin being ANSI loads under FAR3 but it doesn't support some of the features in HTML, for example it doesn't handle tables correctly (it shows each cell one under the other so it's very hard to see what cells are on the same row in the table). Also, Hyperview seems to not have been updated in quite a while.
I know colorer has coloring support, is there any way to make it show a HTML file's content colored (i mean what a browser would show, not the source code of the HTML) ?

I would like such a plugin since I've found a few tools that can convert different file types to HTM/HTML with formated/colored text and it would be nice if i could read those files in FAR. I know i can convert the files to txt and view them with FAR's viewer, but then I loose all formating and then it's hard to follow what's written.
Sorry for writing in English in the Russian forums, but i don't speak Russian and don't trust online translators. :D

"There’s no teacher who can teach anything new He can just help us to remember the things we always knew." ~ ENIGMA
cyberwolf

Re: Plugins for viewing HTM files in FAR3

Post by cyberwolf »

I have found a solution, not a plugin but an external program.
The program is called Lynx (linux users will surely know about it), it's a text mode browser, supports about any formatting that the HTML supports.

For a tutorial (in Russian) read THIS topic. When i'll have time i'll translate it into English.

It works quite well under FAR3, the only thing is that it has other keyboard shortcuts (for example "Q followed by Enter" to exit from it), but you can always press the "?" or F1 button and it will display the help file.

I've found some more programs that can display html files in text mode, for more details read the dedicated post.
Sorry for writing in English in the Russian forums, but i don't speak Russian and don't trust online translators. :D

"There’s no teacher who can teach anything new He can just help us to remember the things we always knew." ~ ENIGMA

Return to “Suggestions and Ideas”