Need help with DI_LISTBOX

A place where plug-in developers can share their knowledge and experience.
pepak

Post by pepak »

Hi! I would very much appreciate if someone could give me a brief overview on how to create a listbox and fill it with data. The Encyclopedia is very sketchy here, which added to my lack of knowledge of Russian leads to my total incomprehension of the process. I tried to find a plugin I could use as an example, but it seems the only two plugins which actually use listboxes (MacroView and NewArc) are quite old (possibly obsolete) and certainly don't seem easy to understand :-(. Thanks.
pepak

Post by pepak »

For the moment, I am giving up. I tried to create a simple listbox with a few fixed items, but without success. The listbox almost certainly exists because I am able to move the cursor to it (and then back), but the listbox itself isn't visible - I just see the gray background of the underlying dialog. I am afraid I won't be able to move forward without some basic explanation of the workings of the listbox (or, preferably, a tiny demo of a working code).
Shmuel

Post by Shmuel »

Here is an .
pepak

Post by pepak »

Thanks. I will see what I can do about transforming it to a C-like language. Offhand, it seems that it doesn't do anything else than my own code does, except that I opted for a simple static list with no DialogProc.
Shmuel

Post by Shmuel »

pepak, you can run this code in Far. For instance, you can place the entire contents as the body of action function of a macro.
pepak

Post by pepak »

I know. Unfortunately, id didn't help me with the problem of my code not running yet. I need to figure out what you are doing differently than I am, because your code works and mine does not.
pepak

Post by pepak »

Got it. Had a typo in my code: Instead of setting Y1 and Y2 to distinct values, I set them both to the same value. I still don't feel quite comfortable using the listbox, but I am getting there.

Return to “Plug-In Developers”