Use external viewer as Quick View

A place where plug-in developers can share their knowledge and experience.
mikiii880

Post by mikiii880 »

Hi. I'd like to use my external viewer when I press Ctrl + Q and I haven't seen any settings for that. So I decided to make a plug-in but with little luck. I was thinking of opening a new panel and then using CreateProcess to access my external viewer with the file I want to view as a parameter. But I don't really know how to do that. When I called CreateProcess, both panels are covered with my viewer and there can be seen some text from the panels on top of the viewer.

Also which is the exact function that creates a new Panel? I've been using TmpPanel source files as guidance and I've implemented GetOpenPanelInfo, ProcessPanelEvent and ClosePanel. From my logfiles the functions are called by FAR with FE_GOTFOCUS event (like the api doc says it should at creation), but i don't see an empty new panel, just a screen flash and ClosePanel is also called without me deliberatly exiting the Panel.

Any help from more experienced guys out there? This is my first trial of making a plugin. Thanks!
John Doe
Бюрократ

Post by John Doe »

mikiii880

Post by mikiii880 »

From what I'm seeing there, the picture viewer is implemented in the plugin source. The problem is my external viewer is a very complex program with many plugins of its own. I might get a hand on the source files but it's gonna be a pain in the ass to embed it.

I was hoping I could just create a process with the viewer and the file I want to be processed as a parameter. But I don't know how to make it use just one panel instead of the whole screen.
mikiii880

Post by mikiii880 »

So I guess what I want is not possible? :(
analyselua

Post by analyselua »

mikiii880 wrote: But I don't know how to make it use just one panel instead of the whole screen.
Maybe use StretchDIBits (from function UpdateImage) with data->GDIRect (calculated by function DrawImage) https://github.com/trexinc/evil-program ... iewAdv.cpp.

Return to “Plug-In Developers”