Auto-Translation

Discussing the site, suggestions, criticism etc.
cyberwolf

Auto-Translation

Post by cyberwolf »

I've seen on a few other forums a very interesting idea, there was a button on the top-right corner of each post which would translate that post in English from whatever language it's in (i believe it uses Google Translate), that would be very usefull as we could more easily understand what's being posted in the russian part (and the russians would probably understand better the posts in the english part).

Here's a sample of a forum thread that uses that functionality :
http://forum.samdroid.net/f16/spica-sam ... tsya-1864/

P.S. it doesn't always work, you might need to reload the page as sometimes it gives an error or simply doesn't make the translation.
P.S.2 i believe you can select the destination language to be anything, not just english.
Sorry for writing in English in the Russian forums, but i don't speak Russian and don't trust online translators. :D

"There’s no teacher who can teach anything new He can just help us to remember the things we always knew." ~ ENIGMA
HaRT

Re: Auto-Translation

Post by HaRT »

To translate pages, you can use the Google Chrome browser or the Google Toolbar extension for your browser.
Фар есть инструмент, а не нянька. © 2009 DrKnS
cyberwolf

Post by cyberwolf »

Well, i ended up using Opera and the "Easy translation" extension for it :)
Sorry for writing in English in the Russian forums, but i don't speak Russian and don't trust online translators. :D

"There’s no teacher who can teach anything new He can just help us to remember the things we always knew." ~ ENIGMA
rcollins

Post by rcollins »

I think this is already implemented online using google translate. I have been using it for quite a while now as I have joined some forums with really unfamiliar language. Though, you would have to personally set the source language which could be a little challenging if you have no idea what it is in the first place. It is really good how word net has been very much developed already.

Return to “General www.farmanager.com Discussions”