Getting older builds

Discussing the site, suggestions, criticism etc.
pepak

Getting older builds

Post by pepak »

Hi! Is there any place where I could download older builds of FAR Manager? I have recently upgraded from build 4000 to build 4073, and since then I am experiencing rather awful bugs all around*). I would like to use a "binary splitting" algorithm to find which change caused this, so that it could get fixed. But it seems only the latest "stable" and the latest "nightly" builds are available, older releases seem to be gone.

*) DirSync started to crash in certain situations, NetBox failed to read stored sessions (restoring the 4000 NetBox fixed that, maybe), some other plugins seem to be unstable now.
HaRT

Re: Getting older builds

Post by HaRT »

Фар есть инструмент, а не нянька. © 2009 DrKnS
pepak

Post by pepak »

Thanks HaRT. I was able to find that as far as NetBox is concerned, build 4015 works fine while 4017 exhibits my bug*), as does every other version up to 4090 inclusive. It is likely the DirSync bug is also related to 4017, because it displays an exception dialog with FarColorer as the culprit (but the exception occurs*) in DirSync, not in FarColorer). However, it is much more difficult to verify, so I didn't do it yet.

*) Some sessions stored with older versions and opened in build 4017 lose some information, such as IP address of the server, the stored password, even the protocol used. Some sessions work fine. If I restore NetBox from an older-version FAR, the sessions are all OK. But the buggy builds fail to work even with my guaranteed-correct database backups from months back.

**) If it occurs. My exception handling code should have stored a log about that exception, but it didn't. Since it does work fine in my testing (if I purposefully raise an exception), I am inclined to think that the exception handling might be incorrect in 4017.
pepak

Post by pepak »

OK, found a semi-reliable way of getting the exception. Once again build 4015 works fine, build 4017 sometimes crashes DirSync when the plugin should be closing.
techie

Getting older builds

Post by techie »

@pepak it has better chances of being investigated if you report it on http://bugs.farmanager.com/

Return to “General www.farmanager.com Discussions”