Latest post of the previous page:http://code.google.com/p/farnet/
= 4.4.0 =
*** Massive revision of panel API and the first step to "file explorers" ***
All module panels have to be adapted to the new infrastructure.
Modules accessing changed panel members have to be updated, too.
*) Classes and interfaces
- Panel replaces IPanel
- IAnyPanel becomes IPanel (any panel: native, plugin, module)
- Removed IPanelInfo (Info property), its data moved to the class.
- Removed AlternateName from files, it is generated and used internally.
Module panel interface (old IPanel) is combined with the Panel class. The Panel
class (or derived) holds the panel data, event handlers, extra members, etc.
The Host property was removed.
*) New class Explorer
Experimental data provider dealing with FarFile. Explorers are panel helpers
but they can be used without panels for pure data operations including testing.
The PowerShellFar script Test-Explorer-.ps1 shows how various explorers work.
To be continued. All panel methods operating on its virtual file system will be
moved to explorers soon. Panels should be for pure UI classes.
*) Renamed/changed quite a number of lame names/things; just some of them:
- IPanel.Path -> CurrentDirectory
- IPanel.ActivePath -> StartDirectory
- IFar.ActivePath -> CurrentDirectory
- Use*Highlighting -> Highlighting (3 states)
- AddDots -> DotsMode:PanelDotsMode (3 states)
- Some flags were renamed, e.g. related to RealNames mode.
- Events: UpdateFiles, ExportFiles, ImportFiles, MakeDirectory, and
SetPanelDirectory (should set PanelDirectory, not CurrentDirectory).
New method MatchPattern() compatible with the core file masks.