Far Manager inspired theme for VS Code

You want to talk about Far Manager, but don't know where to turn?
aalimian

Post by aalimian »

Hi guys, I have been using Far Manager for quite a while and love its classic colors and its default theme, including its built-in text editor. I was wondering if someone has made a VS Code theme inspired by Far Manager colors and where it can be found. I looked in VS Code Extensions Marketplace but couldn't find it, so I am guessing it doesn't exist? If that is the case, where do I find the color codes that Far Manager uses so that I can use those color codes and create a VS Code theme with them?
Yegor

Post by Yegor »

I did the opposite; I created a true color Far scheme that mimics Visual Studio / Code dark theme. But did not find time to share it with the community.
Мы не можем ждать милостей от Фара, взять их у него — наша задача! (C) Мичурин
HaRT

Post by HaRT »

aalimian wrote: Thu 07 May, 2020 18:03 where do I find the color codes that Far Manager uses
If you mean colors used when editing source code in particular programming language, these are defined by the Colorer plugin (discussed elsewhere in the forum). You'll need to see which language scheme (.hrc) and which color scheme (.hrd) it uses for the particular language and then see (in Console properties) to which actual colors these map. All of this is quite complex, so I'd recommend just making screenshots and copying colors using any graphic editor's color picker tool.
Фар есть инструмент, а не нянька. © 2009 DrKnS
citRiks

Post by citRiks »

HaRT,
In my understanding, all far classic color codes can be seen here perfectly well,
As for example, 0000FF is for foreground and 000080 for background
(FAR itself also uses internal codes from 1 to 16 for this limited "classic" set)
image.png
image.png (3.4 KiB) Viewed 3962 times
PS
After re-reading again the original question and the following note,
now i am not so sure i understood the question

Return to “General Discussions”