Create new folders in zip files

You have encountered a problem using Far Manager? Here you can get help.
richli

Create new folders in zip files

Post by richli »

Hello,

I was trying to create a folder in a jar(or zip) file before I could add some files under the folder. But after I stepped into the jar and pressed "F7", no dialog box appeared. Did I miss anything or would I need a plug-in to get it to work?

I tried the same on Midnight Commander and it worked as I expected.

thanks

richard
HaRT

Re: Create new folders in zip files

Post by HaRT »

richli
You need to create the folder outside of the archive, put files in it and then add (copy) the folder into the archive.
BTW if you can enter an archive you already use a plugin; presumably an out-of-the-box MultiArc.
Фар есть инструмент, а не нянька. © 2009 DrKnS
richli

Post by richli »

HaRT,

You tip works fine and I can copy an existing folder from one archive to another as well.

If F7 would work on archives as it does on file systems, it would be more convenience in the case that we want just a few files copied over from one folder in a source archive to another folder(may or may not use the same folder name or structure and may not exist already) . But as long as we have some workarounds, I am still happy.

Thanks a lot!

Richard
HaRT

Post by HaRT »

richli wrote:If F7 would work on archives as it does on file systems, it would be more convenience
You are welcome to file a wish in the Mantis issue tracker (the link is at the top of this page).
Фар есть инструмент, а не нянька. © 2009 DrKnS

Return to “Support and Troubleshooting”