accidental overwrite bug on selected files - no confirmation dialog

Here you can report bugs found in Far Manager.
jeffero

Post by jeffero »

I've found a weird bug that exists both in Far Manager v3.0.5100 and v2.0.1807.
It was produced accidentally at first when I wanted to move some files to a subdirectory below the current directory.

Current directory panel contents:
- Subfolder (First character equals files first character, but folder with other name also produced the bug!)
- File 1.ext
- File 2.ext
- File 3.ext
- File 4.ext

I wanted to move files (from File1.ext til File4.ext) to the Subfolder in the current directory panel view.
I've selected all file at the current folder, F6 pressed, Rename/Move dialog appeared, first character of the files entered, filename suggestions/history box appeared, and there accidentally I've selected one of the selected filenames instead of the subfolder name. One of the selected files was overwrited with the selected filename and the other files disappeared. There was no confirmation dialog!!!

I tried to reproduce this bug, sometimes there was confirmation dialog, but the next time or the third time there was no confirmation from the overwrite. In the Options/Confirmations submenu all the Confirmation options is in checked state.

Computer config: Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate x64, Processor: Intel Core i7-2600K 3.4 GHz, Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR-3 8GB/1600 KIT
Far Manager: x64 versions of Far Manager v3.0.5100 and v2.0.1807, Profile is in the program folder (C:\Program Files\Far Manager).

Please check up the bug and fix it. My favorite file manager is Far Manager since 2000. Before I used Norton Commander on my first PC.

In my opinion currently the safe solution to avoid this bug is using the two panels method for the file moving operations, NOT the one panel with suggestions box method.
John Doe
Бюрократ

Post by John Doe »

jeffero wrote: Sat 03 Feb, 2018 12:45There was no confirmation dialog!!!
I see the same issue..
DrKnS

Post by DrKnS »

jeffero wrote: Sat 03 Feb, 2018 12:45I've found a weird bug that exists both in Far Manager v3.0.5100 and v2.0.1807.
Congrats, you have found a weird prehistorical bug that exists even in Far 1.0 beta 4!

Fixed in 5136.

Return to “Bug Reports”