Bugs in Mouse Click behaviour

Here you can report bugs found in Far Manager.
farman

Post by farman »

Using far2.1367 english

1. I'm not sure if this is a special feature, but pressing the Right Mouse Button outside the dialog box executes a dialog box (works like enter). This could be very dangerous if you're using F8 and do not know that. Should be changed to the behavior of left button ("Do nothing" or "Close Dialog").

2. Wrong Move of Dialog Windows in FAR:
a. open a Dialog in Far (i.e. F5)
b. then change to another window (i.e. Notepad) and position the windows (like below)
c. to change back to far: click left or above the F5-Dialog directly in FAR:
Dialog moves like dragged. Should do nothing (like changing Windows with Alt-TAB)
Attachments
c1.jpg
c1.jpg (14.28 KiB) Viewed 6364 times
Centaur

Re: Bugs in Mouse Click behaviour

Post by Centaur »

Accepting a dialog on right-click outside is a feature. It can be turned on/off in Options | Dialog settings | [x] Mouse click outside a dialog closes it, along with canceling on left-click.
farman

Post by farman »

Thanx, Centaur. I've already enabled this. Left clicks works as it is said, but right click executes e.g. F5. I don't think that a pluign is doing that (not tested without plugs).
Centaur

Post by Centaur »

I repeat: left click cancels, right click accepts (as if you clicked the default button). This behavior is historic; if memory serves me right, Norton Commander in DOS even changed the mouse cursor to an 'x' or check mark while you clicked outside the dialog with the left or right button respectively, so you had visual feedback of what would happen after you released the button.
farman

Post by farman »

ah, i misunderstood that, sorry.
i do have some new users around me telling me some of those things i've never been really thinking of. and this one could be very dangerous for not so experienced users (F8 - right click) - in various situations. maybe we can start a little revolution now saying bye to nc. let's say, right click outside the dialog does the same like the left one? it's more logical.
Centaur

Post by Centaur »

When working in FAR, put the mouse away.
HaRT

Post by HaRT »

farman wrote:let's say, right click outside the dialog does the same like the left one? it's more logical.
It's not logical at all.
Far is for those who know what their actions mean, not for those who perform random actions in various areas.
The only thing I might agree is that maybe this particular mouse-related option should be off by default. And maybe help text for this option should contain a more targeted link to the description of these commands.
Фар есть инструмент, а не нянька. © 2009 DrKnS
farman

Post by farman »

Centaur wrote:When working in FAR, put the mouse away.
great! :lol:

Return to “Bug Reports”