Page 2 of 2
Posted: Tue 04 Dec, 2018 18:33
Latest post of the previous page:
Unfortunately with build 5333 the same...
Posted: Tue 04 Dec, 2018 20:48
Do try with a clean profile and no additional plugins, and you may also want to give an older FAR Manager version a try. I expect that with unmodified config and old FAR, you will still get a crash, and with a new FAR but no plugins/config, everything will be fine. Because I don't really see any change in FAR's source code which would account for this loss of functionality, so I suspect some other plugin.
Posted: Wed 05 Dec, 2018 03:46
I reconfigured the FAR and FRename3 work again.
Thanks for the advice!
Posted: Sun 27 Oct, 2019 15:42
frename_260505 had useful functions
add: Configuration dialog;
add: Option "Add help lines" allows to turn off help lines on top of rename file;
add: Cursor in rename file placed to new name of first file; (without Alt+F1)
Posted: Mon 28 Oct, 2019 09:18
Config and disable help lines is on my TODO list. Cursor positioning seems like a good idea, adding it.
Posted: Thu 28 Nov, 2019 18:56
I am almost ready to release a new version. Needs a bit more testing and it would be nice if someone could update the russian translation (5 new strings, or something like that).
Posted: Thu 28 Nov, 2019 19:16
Posted: Thu 28 Nov, 2019 20:13
Thanks. I will probably release the plugin in a few days.
Posted: Sat 30 Nov, 2019 17:07
Version 2.00 Changelog
- Rewritten the plugin to the new framework for FAR plugins. This will enable far easier maintenance in the future.
- PluginCall support for LuaMacro. Examples of use can be found in FRename3.lua.
- Russian translation by bigvax and HaRT.
- Option to display a short description rather than the usual long help. You can reduce the text even more by leaving only an empty string for it in the language file.
- Option to select the renamed files (instead of the default behavior or keeping the non-renamed files selected). Note that this will be quite slow, particularly with slow drives and/or huge directories.
- Start with the cursor at the destination filename (as if ALT+F1 were pressed right after opening of the editor).
- If an error occurs during the renaming, the filelist will be displayed again - but in this version it will only contain the failed files. In previous version, the list would contain even the files which were renamed correctly.
- If ESCAPE is pressed inside of the "failed to rename" dialog, the renaming process will stop immediately. In the previous versions, it would continue and the failed files would be once again shown in an editor, making it difficult to stop renaming.
- Refresh the panel automatically after the renaming was finished.
- Fixed a bug with renaming a file containing a Unicode character which does not fit into 16 bits (e.g. 0x1F920).