Far Window is not closing

You have encountered a problem using Far Manager? Here you can get help.
FineCutBodies

Post by FineCutBodies »

Hi,

Anybody ran into this problem, when sometimes I try to close the Far window with F10 then it just clears the panels black then it never closes the window. I need to close it by pressing X with mouse. I couldn't figure out what causes it, but the longer Far is open the bigger chance it happens. Like if it's open for 10-15 minutes then almost certainly it won't close.

Win10x64 >> Far v3.0.5454 x64

I run another Win10 machine with Far v3.0.4774 and it never happens.

But also can have something with the different plugins. I need to dig deeper in it, just thought to ask if somebody had the same experience.

Kevin
HaRT

Post by HaRT »

This issue has been discussed a lot in the Russian-language part of the forum. Please use some online translator (e.g. by Google, Yandex, or Bing) to comprehend.
You'll find a couple of useful diagnostic scripts here and there.

If the discussion does not help, you should really minimize the issue yourself: see if it happens without plugins or what is the minimum set of plug-ins to repro the issue; see if it happens with the latest (nightly-built) Far; see if it happens when you do not access e.g. network shares or e.g. do not launch GUI apps from Far; see if it happens when your antivirus monitor's Shell extensions are disabled; etc.
Фар есть инструмент, а не нянька. © 2009 DrKnS
FineCutBodies

Post by FineCutBodies »

Thanks for the tips! Will dig deeper then whenever I have some time!

Return to “Support and Troubleshooting”