FRename3

Here you can discuss about your favorite plug-in.
pepak

FRename3

Post by pepak »

Latest post of the previous page:

Thanks. That seems promising, although the last point may give me trouble (particularly the distinguish between ANSI and OEM) - it might be necessary to only support UTF8 or ANSI description files.
John Doe
Бюрократ

FRename3

Post by John Doe »

HaRT wrote: Sun 25 Oct, 2020 23:47 but FAR will use only the first line for whatever operations.
Wrong wording.
Indeed, Far shows only 1st line.
But it supports multiline for the rest of operations (copy/move).
HaRT wrote: Sun 25 Oct, 2020 23:47 I'd prefer it to avoid reordering lines.
This seems opinionated. Someone may prefer opposite: update description to reorder items)
Let's stick to Far's original behavior.
https://t.me/FarManager — Telegram чат
pepak

FRename3

Post by pepak »

Unfortunately, "sticking to FAR's original behavior" is difficult if there is no published API for the manipulation of descriptions.
buniak_a_h

FRename3

Post by buniak_a_h »

John Doe wrote: Mon 26 Oct, 2020 09:31 it supports multiline for the rest of operations (copy/move).
But panel.GetCurrentPanelItem(nil,1).Description caontains inly 1st line… Wish…
pepak

FRename3

Post by pepak »

I have the file descriptions figured out, except that I can't get their configuration to work - I can get the Far settings handle (SettingsControl(SCTL_CREATE)), I can open the necessary subkey (SettingsControl(SCTL_OPENSUBKEY, 'Descriptions')), but I just can't read the actual data value (SettingsControl(SCTL_GET, FST_STRING, 'ListNames') - I keep getting a FALSE. Does anyone have a minimal example for reading the FAR's data from a plugin? (NOT FROM A LUA SCRIPT, PLEASE!)
pepak

FRename3

Post by pepak »

I implemented a plugin setting for the description files. If FAR decides to publish its own settings sometime in the future, those will take precedence.

HaRT, if you would be so kind to test that it works for your description files. It seemed to work OK for my test descriptions, but I certainly didn't try anything more complex than "describe something, rename, see if the description still works".
Attachments
frename-test.zip
(915.1 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
HaRT

FRename3

Post by HaRT »

pepak wrote: Mon 02 Nov, 2020 17:39 I implemented a plugin setting for the description files.
Thank you! And, additionally, thank you for positioning behavior customizations!
pepak wrote: Mon 02 Nov, 2020 17:39 if you would be so kind to test that it works for your description files
It seems to work fine in my tests, I'll keep an eye on it and report any issues promptly.

Please find attached the updated Russian LNG file. Also, please add a hotkey to the new Description files: label in the English LNG file (I suggest initial D).
Attachments
FRename3Rus-2.02.lng.7z
(1.3 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
Фар есть инструмент, а не нянька. © 2009 DrKnS
pepak

FRename3

Post by pepak »

HaRT wrote: Mon 02 Nov, 2020 19:28 Thank you! And, additionally, thank you for positioning behavior customizations!
I certainly hope I got them right :-)
It seems to work fine in my tests, I'll keep an eye on it and report any issues promptly.
Good. I think I will let this pre-release run for a week or so and then release a new version, provided that everything works fine.
Please find attached the updated Russian LNG file. Also, please add a hotkey to the new Description files: label in the English LNG file (I suggest initial D).
Will do, thanks.
pepak

FRename3

Post by pepak »

HaRT wrote: Mon 02 Nov, 2020 19:28It seems to work fine in my tests, I'll keep an eye on it and report any issues promptly.
Have you encountered any issues since you started to use the test version? Because if it is OK, I would like to release it as a regular version.
HaRT

FRename3

Post by HaRT »

pepak wrote: Sat 07 Nov, 2020 10:23 Have you encountered any issues since you started to use the test version?
I used the plugin only a few times since then but faced no issues. I see no reason to postpone the release.
Фар есть инструмент, а не нянька. © 2009 DrKnS
pepak

FRename3

Post by pepak »

Version 2.02
  • A new option to move the initial cursor position to the destination filename. Until now, this was determined by the "Show short help message" option.
  • A new option for the cursor positioning strategy. Now there are four distinct strategies: Minimize scrolling (don't scroll the editor window, unless necessary to facilitate the movement of the cursor), prioritize source file name (display as much of the source filename as possible), prioritize destination file name (display as much of the destination filename as possible, and use the remaining screen space to display the source filename; this was the plugin's behavior in version 2.00) and only destination file name (display only the destination filename, even if some part of the source filename would fit as well; this was the plugin's behavior in version 2.01). Default is the version 2.00 behavior.
  • A new option to support updating the file descriptions. The setting is disabled by default but can be enabled. Please understand that the functionality is highly experimental. Note that FAR3 API does not support reading FAR's file descriptions settings (F9 -> Options -> File descriptions) so you need to enter the list of description files into the plugin's configuration manually.
  • Updated Polish translation.
  • Updated Russian translation.
Downloads
BestiaPl

FRename3

Post by BestiaPl »

Version 2.02 Polish translation.

Updated files to version 2.02.
Attachments
FRename_2.02_PL.7z
(4.54 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
pepak

FRename3

Post by pepak »

Version 2.03
  • Support for renaming files from a temporary panel (the TMPPANEL plugin).
  • Support for alternate behaviors of the Smart END function. Now it can switch between the extension start and the line end (the behavior of the previous versions), the extension start and the filename end and the filename end and the line end. You can select your preferred behavior in the plugin's options.
  • Added detection of unsupported panels (e.g. process list). There's nothing I can do about these because Plugin API does not provide a Rename function that I could call.
  • Updated the dialog drawing code to a more robust framework.
  • Updated the plugin-call support to be more in-line with my other plugins.
  • Cleaned up the source code.
Downloads
pepak

FRename3

Post by pepak »

Version 2.04
Downloads
pepak

FRename3

Post by pepak »

Discovered a bug in the memory handling of the plugin. Will be releasing a fixed version soon, but before that I'd appreciate a Polish translation of the text:
Fixed a bug which could cause a crash due to referencing unallocated memory or an unexpected and undesired behavior (e.g. not updating descriptions when required by the settings or vice versa).
pepak

FRename3

Post by pepak »

Version 2.05
  • Fixed a bug which could cause a crash due to referencing unallocated memory or an unexpected and undesired behavior (e.g. not updating descriptions when required by the settings or vice versa).
Downloads

Return to “General Plug-In Discussions”