Delay when switching away from Netbox panel

Here you can report bugs found in Far Manager.
zb!

Post by zb! »

Hi guys,

When I'm on a Netbox panel (say an SSH connection) and switch this panel to some other target, there's a slight delay of about 2 to 3 seconds.
It does not matter which kind of drive/resource I switch to, the delay is always there, even when switching to e.g. a temporary panel.
It's only a mild nuisance, but I wonder what's happening as you'd think switching to another (local) resource should be instantaneous.
This has been like this for as long as I can remember. Just wanted to ask if this is a known issue and if there are any mitigations.
I'm running 3.0.6000.0 x86 on Windows 10.0.19045.2965.

Cheers,
zb!
HaRT

Post by HaRT »

Does this reproduce if a totally different host is opened in the NetBox panel using a totally different protocol?
Do you have an anti-malware monitor/firewall running? If yes, does switching that off affect the delay?
Фар есть инструмент, а не нянька. © 2009 DrKnS
zb!

Post by zb! »

Sorry it took a while to get back here...
HaRT wrote: Fri 02 Jun, 2023 12:27 Does this reproduce if a totally different host is opened in the NetBox panel using a totally different protocol?
I've got a few boxes configured in Netbox (SSH and FTP) and it does not matter which one I choose - the delay is always there.
HaRT wrote: Fri 02 Jun, 2023 12:27 Do you have an anti-malware monitor/firewall running? If yes, does switching that off affect the delay?
It happens on a Windows 10 machine with just the standard Microsoft anti-malware stuff with vanilla settings.
I have tried turning off the "Real-time protection" feature but to no avail.
Last edited by zb! on Fri 16 Jun, 2023 00:31, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Bug Reports”