= 4.0.13 =
*) FarNet core supports standard .NET tracing mechanism. It is customized in
"Far.exe.config", take a look at comments there and customize it for yourself.
*) A default listener (added in machine .config) outputs to a debugger, so that
FarNet plugin debugging may be easier. Trace levels 3 and 4 (see below) can be
slow with a debugger; in this case you can remove default listeners by <clear/>
and still use a fast file writer added by <add ... />.
*) Removed option FarNet.StartupErrorDialog from "Far.exe.config" - critical
startup errors are written to the console and optionally traced now. Modal
dialogs should not be shown on loading.
*) Most important calls Far <-> FarNet <-> FarNetPlugin are already traced.
More tracing, especially FarNet <-> FarNetPlugin will be introduced later.
1) Switch 'FarNet.Trace' defines 5 levels of tracing (0:Off ... 4:Verbose);
recommended level is 2:Warning - to trace errors and warnings, if any. Note:
they normally show plugins or system issues, not FarNet itself.
2) You can add more trace listeners, for example a log file writer; one is
added in "Far.exe.config". Remove it or change it as needed.
3) Your plugin can call System.Diagnostics.Trace methods itself. 'FarNet.Trace'
does not affect your tracing unless you use it directly (see TraceSwitch, MSDN).
4) Tracing is a standard .NET feature, see MSDN for details about tracing and
configuration files - there are many useful titbits for free there.
5) Do not be tempted to use tracing for normal data output. Tracing is for
diagnostics and troubleshooting.
*) Renamed namespace FarNet.Raw into FarNet.Support; it contains supportive
features that normally should not be used from user code.
*) Internal FarNet menu commands are processed more effectively.