Plugins auto-update

Want to suggest an idea for a new plug-in? Know for sure what is needed for plug-in X to become the best? Write here.
Joco1114

Plugins auto-update

Post by Joco1114 »

It would be very useful if plugins can update themselves automatically.
cyberwolf

Re: Plugins auto-update

Post by cyberwolf »

It would be really nice to have the possibility to automatically update the plugins.
For FAR we already have the Updater plugin, maybe that one can be modified to also look for plugins :?:
Sorry for writing in English in the Russian forums, but i don't speak Russian and don't trust online translators. :D

"There’s no teacher who can teach anything new He can just help us to remember the things we always knew." ~ ENIGMA
connally

Post by connally »

Automatic update not implemented yet (
topmo3

Post by topmo3 »

imho, this feature very hard to implement without plugring - centralized plugins site
tariely

Plugins auto-update

Post by tariely »

Write yourself ) Just need a little hard work )
Last edited by tariely on Tue 11 Sep, 2018 12:06, edited 6 times in total.
rcollins

Post by rcollins »

Yes, this auto update for the plug ins. I bet this would just need very little work as there is already an existing and working updater plug in. It would just need to be tweaked a little to get the plugin updates as well. Though, you would need a central repository for the plugins to be updated as it will be hard to scavenge for update links.
cyberwolf

Post by cyberwolf »

I know this is an old thread, but i thought I'd let people know that there is a plugin called "Renewal" for FAR3 that can also upgrade other plugins if they are configured to support it.
The plugin can be found at http://code.google.com/p/farplugs.
Sorry for writing in English in the Russian forums, but i don't speak Russian and don't trust online translators. :D

"There’s no teacher who can teach anything new He can just help us to remember the things we always knew." ~ ENIGMA

Return to “Suggestions and Ideas”