= 5.0.0 =
This version is designed for Far Manager 3. Some modules should be updated.
v5.0.x API is not final, it may change frequently but not much, most of API
already looks stabilized.
There are many breaking changes but they are all easy to fix. In theory it
would be possible to avoid most of them. But these changes were needed for
effective use of new Far and its API.
Roaming and local FarNet and module settings moved:
%APPDATA%\Far Manager\FarNet ->
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Far Manager\FarNet ->
Actual new locations depend on %FARPROFILE% and %FARLOCALPROFILE%. This moving
should work fine for most or all modules. Module *.settings files can be moved
with no problems. FarNet.binary files should be moved only if needed. Do not
move Cache.binary, better delete them all, they will be recreated.
Module filer classes are not supported anymore. Their value is low and cost is
high. FarNet provides enough alternative ways for opening files in panels.
Module menu items can now use standard Far hotkeys. As a result internal pseudo
hotkey stuff was removed from API, code, and FarNet settings.
- Used enums and structures: KeyCode, ControlKeyStates, KeyData, KeyInfo. All
other types were removed. KeyInfo in most cases replaces use of internal and
virtual numeric key codes.
- Standard and list menus use the same break keys API: Key, AddKey().
- Panel and dialog key events changed.
- ReadKeys() changed.
- Removed IMacro, IFar.Macro and all related stuff.
- Also removed from IFar: PostKeys(), CreateKeySequence(), PostKeySequence().
Use PostMacro() and PostText() instead.
- Removed IRegistryKey, IFar.OpenRegistryKey().
- Removed history methods because they used to work with the registry.
Removed IWindowInfo. Replaced IWindow.GetInfoAt() with GetKindAt(), GetNameAt()
- MsgOptions -> MessageOptions
- Panel UseFilter -> NoFilter
- Panel key bars do not work yet
- Custom dialog control colors