Is there a way to use AltF9 for a macro?

You have encountered a problem using Far macros? Here you can get help.
jonib

Post by jonib »

Hi,

I would like to use AltF9 in the editor but it seems to be hard coded for "Maximize/restore" window, can this be changed?

jonib
HaRT

Post by HaRT »

jonib wrote: can this be changed?
You can assign a macro to this shortcut as to any other of that kind — exactly as specified in Help.
Фар есть инструмент, а не нянька. © 2009 DrKnS
jonib

Post by jonib »

Thanks for the incredibly fast reply (again)
HaRT wrote:You can assign a macro to this shortcut as to any other of that kind — exactly as specified in Help.
Of course, why do I even bother.

So this time it was ConEmu that had taken over the AltF9 key and made it non functional in a Far macro, so I removed that and now it works.

Sorry for wasting your time again. (I should put this in the signature)

jonib
HaRT

Post by HaRT »

jonib wrote: I should put this in the signature
You should rather be more systematic in minimizing the conditions prior to reporting any problems.
Фар есть инструмент, а не нянька. © 2009 DrKnS
jonib

Post by jonib »

HaRT wrote:You should rather be more systematic in minimizing the conditions prior to reporting any problems.
Unfortunately I don't have the luxury, every time I'm trying to move to Far3 form Far2 there is something that I can't get to work right, and if it takes too long to figure it out I give up and just use Far2.
Last time this happened in 2013 with this problem, so I figured why not do like all others on the internet and ask stupid questions, as I don't know when a problem/issue is unsolvable by me in a reasonable time.

This is not how I like to handle things, but I don't have the patience to put the effort needed for every little issue, so I ask. I don't know how else to get this move to Far3 done.

jonib

Return to “Support and Troubleshooting”