Here you can discuss about your favorite plug-in.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Search is performed within symbol names, not in the display text.
- Much improved speed of scrolling in the listbox, particularly using PAGEUP/PAGEDOWN.
- PAGEUP/PAGEDOWN were jumping too far within the listbox (the jump was slightly more than one page, whike the intended jump was one line less than one page).
- If a selection is active when you open the plugin, it will constitute the initial content of the search editbox.
- If no selection is active when you open the plugin, but the cursor is positioned on a word (numbers, letters, underscore, codes over 127) which can be found as an existing Ctag, that word is used as the initial content of the search editbox.
- Fixed memory leak with the progress bar.
- Rewritten the underlying Delphi implementation of FAR API significantly. Hopefully it didn't break anything. But it should make maintenance of my plugins or writing new ones much easier.
- Support for building the plugin using Delphi versions up to 10.3 Rio.
- Ctags.exe filename can now be specified in the plugin's options. If it is, it will take precedence over the file stored in the plugin's directory or the PATH-based file.
- Filtering of the function list is no longer performed immediately after the user wrote a character in the search box; instead, a 300 ms delay is introduced, and only if the user didn't change the search box within this period is the search performed. The reason for this is that the filtering can take an appreciable time and it doesn't really make any sense of doing it if the user is about to type another character into the search box, invalidating the calculated filter. You can disable this functionality or change the delay in the plugin's options.
- Added a very basic PluginCall support. Currently, it is only possible to execute the plugin in the same way as if you used F11 manually, but at least this way it is possible to assign a specific hotkey for the plugin (e.g. CTRL+G in the provided FarCtags.lua file).
- More detailed error description in case ctags.exe returns an error.
- Updated the plugin to a newer version of Dialog API. Among other things, this allows the plugin to properly react to resizing of the FAR's window.
- Improved redraw of the displayed function's context: more efficient, less flickering, and the context is now shown in black rather than grey.
- Minor fixes for compatibility with Delphi 10.1 and newer.
- Fixed the incorrect version information shown in FAR's Plugin list.