Command to enter PE Executables like Directories

Here you can discuss any topic concerning Far macro commands.
rattle

Post by rattle »

Hey everyone!

Far has great plugins to navigate Zip Archives, JSON Files, SQLite databases, and even PE Files. When something.zip is the file under the current cursor and I hit Enter, Far will automatically chose the correct plugin and let me browse the Zip file like a directory. It works the same for database files and json files. However, something.exe will be executed when I hit enter. If I rename it to something.bin, I can hit enter and the ImpEx plugin will automatically be deployed.

I would like to have a macro that will automatically apply the correct plugin (if available) to any file, in particular to executables. This will save me the hassle of renaming them.

My question is: How do I do this programmatically? Is there some Far command or a macro directive that will navigate "into" any file by picking the correct plugin? I tried to do this with the goto: command, but it does not work.

Note that my problem can likely be solved by temporarily renaming the file via macro, but I am looking for a solution which does not make any filesystem changes.

Thanks a lot in advance!
DrKnS

Post by DrKnS »

It's much simpler - just use the Ctrl+PgDn key.
rattle

Post by rattle »

Thanks a lot! I had tried that and it didn't work, but after your hint I investigated further - I run Far in ConEmu and I had assigned Ctrl+PgDn for scrolling the console buffer there, that was the only problem.

Return to “Macro Commands Discussions”