FAR Developers. What is going on?

Хотите говорить о Far и не знаете, куда обратиться?
mrlee

Post by mrlee » Tue 11 Dec, 2018 05:03

I have been using FAR probably from the very first days it appeared, many many years ago. It is easy the most useful application for me ever. I long forgot other applications that I used on my computers, FAR is the only software that survived may OS and hardware changes while itself changed very little at least cosmetically. It never let me down and I trusted it my most valuable files. It is like Fidel Castro.
But...
Two or so years ago I experienced a crash. First ever! Then more followed. Then a few moths ago an unthinkable happened. It crashed while I was editing a file (F4 key). After relaunching it I discovered that the file that was edited was cut to zero size ! All information was gone. It was one day work that was wasted. Then another similar crash ( this time I was more careful and kept a recent copy.
Now FAR freezes on me on average once in two days. I cannot believe how the application degraded. I do not care about the new features, or better to say I do care but between new feature and stability I pick the latter any time of day.
It looks that after 20 or so years of using the application I am finally ready to give up. I cannot describe you my sad feelings. It feels like a divorce.
I do not know whom to blame. Whether it is developers or the new operating system upgrades, but it became unsafe. and due to the nature of the work this application does it can bring a lot of mess into your filesposting.php?mode=post&f=3
So sad

abelenki

Post by abelenki » Tue 11 Dec, 2018 08:16

cool story, brozef.

DrKnS

Post by DrKnS » Tue 11 Dec, 2018 11:27

mrlee, have you followed any item from this list?

Return to “Обсуждение Far Manager”