= 4.4.15 =
- All Post*(EventHandler) methods are replaced with Post*(Action). Practice
shows that EventHandler is redundant. This change is breaking but not many
modules should be affected (the latest PowerShellFar is updated).
- Added the 'bool create' parameter, so that creation is now optional and
it is requested only when it is really needed (on writing files). Thus:
-- Better performance (some expensive checks of existance are avoided)
-- No more empty profile sub-directories (you can remove them now)
*) Module settings engine
- Binary serialization should work fine now (with usual caveats).
- Saves one file if just one of Local and Roaming sets is dirty.
- Other tweaks.
*) Module settings panel
- Better validation of entered values (consider to [F2] before closing editors).
- Values serialized as XML can be edited as XML. Normally such data should be
[Browsable(false)] (excluded from UI) but it's up to a developer, after all.
*) Sample modules in FarNet\Modules
Replaced sample modules Tutorial-Command, Tutorial-Filer, Tutorial-Host with
one module FarNet.Demo with its Visual Studio solution/project. Features:
* Host class (not pre-loaded)
* Menu tool class (all areas)
* Command class (prefix `Demo:`)
* Filer class (`*.resources` files)
* Explorer class (used by the filer)
* Settings classes (various settings)
* Localized module resources (English and Russian)
- IFar.PostJob uses delegate chains instead of job queues.
- Cache.binary does not use FarNet types (bullet-proof and effective way).