FolderMan — Quick Access to Folders (FAR 2.0 x86/x64)

Announcements of new plug-ins. Plug-ins are discussed in a forum below.
free3dom

FolderMan — Quick Access to Folders (FAR 2.0 x86/x64)

Post by free3dom »

Hey all,

Just finished (well, as far as I can go) my first plugin for FAR Manager 2.0 Unicode (x64/x86).

The plugin is called FolderMan and provides a list of favourite folders and the ability to quickly jump to these folders in the file panels - similar to the old DirectDirectory x86 ASCII plugin.

In addition to this it also provides access to jump to most Windows Shell Folders (My Documents, Program Files, Windows, User Profile, etc.) - similar to the Special Locations x86 ASCII plugin.

All this in one plugin, but wait...there's more ;) Each folder (user and shell) can be added individually to the disks menu for quick access.

Actually, this is a bit broken right now because the API does not provide the needed functionallity...The problem is that the API does not provide a means to determine which side the disks menu is shown for (ie. left/right), so for now (until the API is extended) choosing an entry on the disks menu set's the path of the ACTIVE panel, regardless of which side the Disks Menu was shown for. PS: If anyone knows of a way to do this with the current 2.0 API please let me know...

This is for the UNICODE version (ie. v2.0) of FAR Manager Only. There will NEVER be an ASCII version, as it is way too much work to do that conversion, and besides, there are many alternatives out there in the form of existing plugins. If someone wants to do an ASCII port, let me know and I will provide the source code.
FolderMan.v0.9.2.[2009-0828].x64.x86.rar
FolderMan v0.9.2 for Far 2 (x86/x64)
(39.47 KiB) Downloaded 989 times
Hope this is usefull to someone other than me ;)
Please let me know if you find any bugs...and I'll squash them asap ;)
free3dom

Discussion
Last edited by John Doe on Mon 14 Jun, 2010 10:49, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added a link to the discussion
free3dom

Re: FolderMan - Quick Access to Folders (FAR 2.0 x86/x64)

Post by free3dom »

After almost a month of waiting, the API has sadly not changed yet...so I got creative and found a workaround (well a hack actually) to allow proper use of the Disks Menu. The new version does not include any other changes except that now, using a new plugin menu entry and some macros, it is possible to change the correct panel using items added to the disks menu. Full installation instructions are included.

This version has a different name so that if the API does change (still hoping) I can go back to the original code without this hack ;) Anyway, this is only intended for those who use the disk menu entries. For those who don't use the disk menu entries, this can be safely ignored. Also, this will use the existing configuration of FolderMan, but ensure to remove the previous version before using the new one (or it will add duplicate enries for disk menu items)!

So without further ado...
FolderManEx.v1.0.[2009-0915].x64.x86.rar
FolderManEx v1.0 for Far 2 (x86/x64)
(40.75 KiB) Downloaded 1147 times
free3dom

Re: FolderMan - Quick Access to Folders (FAR 2.0 x86/x64)

Post by free3dom »

This plugin relies on the Visual C++ 2008 SP1 redistributable files, which can be downloaded from Microsoft here:

(x86) http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en
(x64) http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

It is only needed to install the version matching that of the plugin (ie. x86 redist for x86 plugin, and x64 redist for x64 plugin).

Return to “Announcements of new Plug-Ins”