DirSync3 — Synchronize Directories

Here you can discuss about your favorite plug-in.
pepak

Re: DirSync — Synchronize Directories

Post by pepak »

Latest post of the previous page:

Version 0.92: http://www.pepak.net/files/far/dirsync3-0.92.zip
  • Incorrect check caused that the "Overwrite left" and "Overwrite right" buttons would have the same effect as "Skip" if used in the dialog shown for two files with the same timestamp ("<-->").
  • When the synchronization is complete, failed synchronization items are shown in a new editor, giving you the opportunity to synchronize them again.
  • Support for the silent mode. When enabled, the plugin postpones all confirmations until after all synchronization items are processed. You can set the silent mode in the synchronization dialog, the default value can be set in the plugin's options.
  • Fixed reading of options in FAR3, which could fail and revert to defaults in some situations.
  • The descriptions (language items MReportFileNotes1, MReportFileNotes2) in the sync file can now be turned off in the plugin's configuration.
  • Build script updated.
Did anyone encounter any problems with the plugin? I am leaning towards officially announcing it in the "Announcements" forum, but I hesitate to do it without any actual testing done by someone else than me.
John Doe
Бюрократ

Post by John Doe »

pepak wrote:I am leaning towards officially announcing it in the "Announcements" forum
Please do it, why not.
pepak

Post by pepak »

Well, for one thing, I have just discovered an Access Violation which I would like to fix first :-)
pepak

Post by pepak »

Version 0.93: http://www.pepak.net/files/far/dirsync3-0.93.zip
  • Error messages in case of an exception are shown in red.
  • Fixed an Access Violation at the end of synchronization if Silent Mode was used.
  • Silent Mode wasn't working correctly - in the second pass (the one in which dialogs are shown), all files were synchronized again, regardless of their success in the first pass. In fact, files which were missing on one panel and were correctly copied, would require an overwrite confirmation.
I wonder: Did anyone try the 64bit version of the plugin? Does it work at all?
pepak

Post by pepak »

Version 0.94: http://www.pepak.net/files/far/dirsync3-0.94.zip
  • Silent Mode wasn't working correctly in case file/directory copy/erase failed (e.g. if one directory was a junction targetting a non-existent directory).
  • Silent Mode wasn't working correctly in case of <--> differences.
  • The "Copy/Erase Failed" dialog now has button "Skip All" to ignore this error for all future items.
A bugfix release for the silent mode. I hope this is the last "beta" before I can announce the plugin in the main forum. Further development depends on whether my request for EE_CANCLOSE event can and will be implemented - I would like to implement filters, e.g. "show all <<== differences" or "show only differences for this filetype".
pepak

Post by pepak »

URL fixed.
Mauro72

Post by Mauro72 »

A Spanish translation...
DirSyncSpa.lng.7z
(1.88 KiB) Downloaded 281 times
pepak

Post by pepak »

Thanks, will be included in the next version.
pepak

Post by pepak »

Version 0.95: http://www.pepak.net/files/far/dirsync3-0.95.zip
  • Spanish translation by Mauro72.
  • After changing the direction of a block, the cursor remains where it was before starting the change.
  • Reworked the editor's event handling to be more powerful and easier to understand. Hopefully this didn't break anything.
  • After a synchronization is finished, if there are any unsynchronized items, then the list of such files is displayed again. The same is done in case a synchronization is stopped by the Cancel button. You can exit the synchronization by pressing Cancel on the "what to do" dialog.
  • Separated the deletion confirmations for files and directories (i.e., it is now possible to select "delete all" for files but "ask" for directories).
  • Fixed the non-working keyboard shortcuts in editor if used from FAR2.
AleXH

Post by AleXH »

Bad idea to use two different names, DirSync — Synchronize Directories, besides confusion they besides are in the different ends of the menu (F11) that is very inconvenient.
HaRT

Post by HaRT »

AleXH wrote:they besides are in the different ends of the menu (F11) that is very inconvenient.
Use menu filtering: [b]CtrlAltF[/b].
Фар есть инструмент, а не нянька. © 2009 DrKnS
AleXH

Post by AleXH »

HaRT wrote:
AleXH wrote:they besides are in the different ends of the menu (F11) that is very inconvenient.
Use menu filtering: [b]CtrlAltF[/b]
facepalm2 Bad usability.
Why is not DirSync — Directories Synchronize?
pepak

Post by pepak »

Because "Directory Synchronize" is not a gramatically correct name, and because historically I chose "DirSync" for the shortcut.

If it is a problem for you (don't see why, but people are different), you can always a) rename the files, or b) change the language file. Problem is solved in both cases.
AleXH

Post by AleXH »

Directories Synchronization?
Programming languages have very bad literary English, but it use "as is", it is important, that it is convenient.
John Doe
Бюрократ

DirSync — Synchronize Directories

Post by John Doe »

pepak

DirSync — Synchronize Directories

Post by pepak »

Presumably because I forgot about the older one when announcing the new one. Or something. No reasonable reason that I am aware of.

Return to “General Plug-In Discussions”