Fast Find Enhanced

Here you can discuss about your favorite plug-in.
Acerbic

Fast Find Enhanced

Post by Acerbic »

Announcement page

Russian discussion thread

Report bugs, post questions and ideas for plugin improvement here.
KlepetoX

Re: Fast Find Enhanced

Post by KlepetoX »

Very useful plugin. I needed better Insert to select files, here is:

Code: Select all

Macro {
  key="Ins";
  area="Dialog";
  description="Select current file/folder without leaving search panel";
  condition=function() return Dlg.Id=="3731617B-3037-6363-632D-353933332D34" end;
  action=function()
    if Panel.Item(0,APanel.CurPos,8) then Panel.Select(0,0,1) else Panel.Select(0,1,1) end
    Keys("CtrlEnter")
  end
}
Plugin works even in plugin panel type (arclite, netbox...), but doesn't work with True Branch plugin - can you solve it?
Acerbic

Post by Acerbic »

I need more info please.
What version of Far Manager are you using? What version of TrueBranch?

As far as I can see on the Plugring page TrueBranch development was stopped over a year ago, while Far3 was still maturing its API. In fact, though Far3 support is claimed by plugin I was not able to start Far3 version of the plugin on the latest stable version of Far.

The only way I was able to run TrueBranch with the current Far3 is on its 'ansi' Far1 version (the one with buggy eng translation file), and it looks like FastFind Enhanced works fine with it.
Shmuel

Post by Shmuel »

Acerbic

Post by Acerbic »

Thank you, Shmuel.

The thing is, it is working, but not exactly as a user expecting. TrueBranch's panel items don't show full path (unless you have this option turned ON), but contain full path in them nevertheless. So, when FastFind Enhaced comes in, it matches input with the full path (both visible and hidden parts). Or did you mean some other problem, KlepetoX?

I will look into it and will make it possible to have "ignore paths" option one way or another in the next version of FFE.
KlepetoX

Post by KlepetoX »

Hello Acrebic, option "ignore paths" should be sufficient for this purpose. In the meantime I skipped FFE if panel format is Branch
(if APanel.Format=="Branch" then...)
saiberpink

Fast Find Enhanced

Post by saiberpink »

hi,

I've been using this plugin for long time, great stuff.

In latest far builds it seems broken (does screen glitches beyond any use), did anyone have the same issue?
Shmuel

Fast Find Enhanced

Post by Shmuel »

saiberpink, no problems noticed on my system (Far 3.0.5325 x86, Windows 7).
saiberpink

Fast Find Enhanced

Post by saiberpink »

@Shmuel I got something like this, each keystroke moves the window one line up. win10, re-downloaded fast find to be sure right now.

I had few days older version of far, which works perfectly (3.0.5319 x64), it started bugging in some update after that version. (that's all what I know)
Attachments
1.JPG
Last edited by saiberpink on Tue 27 Nov, 2018 16:35, edited 3 times in total.
Shmuel

Fast Find Enhanced

Post by Shmuel »

saiberpink, I just tested it with Far 3.0.5328 x64 (the exact version as on your screenshot) and no problems were observed.
Alas, I do not have Windows 10.
PavelR

Fast Find Enhanced

Post by PavelR »

I have tested 5328 x64 with (FastFind Enhanced-x64.dll│ 38 400│26.08.13│13:52) on Windows 10 Pro 10.0.17134.286. (Auto '*', Favour shorter matches, Input dialogue on the bottom, Better Scrolling 16) and no problem here. {I've downloaded only 7Z distribution and extracted it and installed the plugin = no other plugins, macros, conemu plugin, etc. There is also no problem inside conemu console 160619}
Last edited by PavelR on Tue 27 Nov, 2018 17:39, edited 5 times in total.
saiberpink

Fast Find Enhanced

Post by saiberpink »

@Shmuel @PavelR I think I may have found something - in options > interface settings

with [x] Use Virtual Terminal for rendering and [x] ClearType friendly redraw it bugs as in the previous screen,
with [x] Use Virtual Terminal for rendering and [ ] ClearType friendly redraw the bug is just in the fastfind box (screenshot) (and it can be used),
with [ ] Use Virtual Terminal for rendering it works just fine

any idea that the cause could be somewhere on my side? I wish to use the Virtual Terminal to be able to use custom RGB files highlighting
Attachments
1.JPG
Last edited by saiberpink on Wed 28 Nov, 2018 13:06, edited 3 times in total.
PavelR

Fast Find Enhanced

Post by PavelR »

I confirm that ClearType / Virtual Terminal breaks the dialog display.
I recommend to use default settings Virtual Terminal unchecked, Clear Type checked and the ability to use specific colors achieve by using ConEmu, which adds lots of pretty good functions to terminal (font selection, window runtime resize by mouse, tabs, cursor customization, transparency, hotkeys). I recommend to use version 160619 or 161022 (I have had trouble using newer version with that time actual Far, thus I did not update it [I did not checked if the last version of conemu works with last version of Far.]...)
Last edited by PavelR on Wed 28 Nov, 2018 14:17, edited 1 time in total.
DrKnS

Fast Find Enhanced

Post by DrKnS »

PavelR wrote: Wed 28 Nov, 2018 14:02I recommend to use default settings ... Clear Type checked
If you use Windows 10 you don't want to use "ClearType friendly redraw".
It's a workaround for a problem that has been properly fixed there and it will give you nothing but a slowdown.
PavelR

Fast Find Enhanced

Post by PavelR »

DrKnS wrote: Wed 28 Nov, 2018 17:04
PavelR wrote: Wed 28 Nov, 2018 14:02I recommend to use default settings ... Clear Type checked
If you use Windows 10 you don't want to use "ClearType friendly redraw".
It's a workaround for a problem that has been properly fixed there and it will give you nothing but a slowdown.
Thank you for pointing to the reason for the settings. (If Clear Type is unchecked and Virtual Terminal checked - only found file count values are messed up on my computer as @saiberpink described.)

Return to “General Plug-In Discussions”