How to specify macro launch conditions

You have encountered a problem using Far macros? Here you can get help.
wuesten_fuchs

How to specify macro launch conditions

Post by wuesten_fuchs »

Hello,
I need documentation or help to solve the following macro conversion problem:

The macro is actually quite trivial, it is just a key remapping. I want to map the CtrlPgUp/CtrlPgDn functions onto the Left/Right keys.

I had done so on FAR2 and there I had the functionality that I could configure it in a way such that this ONLY worked when I was actually only navigating in the files panels while the Shell (command line entry) line was empty. Once I had typed somethin into the shell line, the Left/Right keys moved the cursor within the shell line. That's how I wanted it.

How can I achieve the same in FAR3? I have created the macro by simply recording it and that's the result:

area="Shell"
key="Left"
flags=""
description=""
code="Keys(\"CtrlPgUp\")"

I really miss the old feature rich macro editor/config panel of FAR2 ...

Now, how is there something to addd to flags or change the area value to get what I want?
Where is all this documented? I need english documentation ...

Thanks a lot!
Last edited by HaRT on Fri 29 Nov, 2013 13:09, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed the Subject
HaRT

Re: need documentation ... or help

Post by HaRT »

Did you try CtrlShift. instead of Ctrl. when finishing recording your macro? If not, please try and tell us the result.
Фар есть инструмент, а не нянька. © 2009 DrKnS
Shmuel

Post by Shmuel »

wuesten_fuchs wrote:I need documentation or help to solve the following macro conversion problem:

The macro is actually quite trivial, it is just a key remapping. I want to map the CtrlPgUp/CtrlPgDn functions onto the Left/Right keys.
Copy %farhome%\Addons\Macros\Panel.Lynx-mot.lua to %farprofile%\Macros\scripts and restart Far.

(If you cannot find the Addons folder in your Far installation, then check the corresponding option in the installation window during Far installation.)
wuesten_fuchs

Post by wuesten_fuchs »

Yes, this helped because it showed an option dialog that allows me to specify such things.
Now that I know that, I also found that in the online help ... :ha:

It would be great if opening the macro settings dialog later via the Macro Browser were possible.
wuesten_fuchs

Post by wuesten_fuchs »

Shmuel wrote:
wuesten_fuchs wrote:I need documentation or help to solve the following macro conversion problem:

Copy %farhome%\Addons\Macros\Panel.Lynx-mot.lua to %farprofile%\Macros\scripts and restart Far.

(If you cannot find the Addons folder in your Far installation, then check the corresponding option in the installation window during Far installation.)
Thanks for pointing out ... I did not have time yet to make myself familiar with these samples.
Would have saved me time but I would not have learned the other solution!

Thanks a lot to you both for helping!

Return to “Support and Troubleshooting”