I discovered that if i have a macro that has a lot of keys assigned to the same command then when i call help and search for "!Macro:Viewer!" (which shows the macros assigned to the viewer) then FAR crashes, before that it occupies a lot of memory (over 2Gb memory even though FAR usually uses less than 40mb).
I think the problem comes from the fact that the help tries to display the keys before the description but the line containing the keys is way longer than the help window itself.
Here's an example of a macro that crashes (based on the lua used by MultiView plugin):
Code: Select all
key="AltEnd AltHome AltDown AltLeft AltRight AltUp CtrlAltLeft CtrlAltRight CtrlJ CtrlR CtrlSpace Multiply Space";
The workaround is to modify the macro and break up the "key" part in smaller parts so the "key" text doesn't become too long.
P.S. i didn't test in other areas (for example for Editor or Shell), but i think the same problem is present regardless of the macro's area setting.
Sorry for writing in English in the Russian forums, but i don't speak Russian and don't trust online translators.
"There’s no teacher who can teach anything new
He can just help us to remember the things we always knew
." ~ ENIGMA