Named Folders Lite

Here you can discuss about your favorite plug-in.
Mauro72

Named Folders Lite

Post by Mauro72 »

Latest post of the previous page:

" v0.02
[-] The plugin no longer appears when F11 is pressed in a dialog. "

The same with last version (1.01). Any help pepak?
Thanks.
pepak

Named Folders Lite

Post by pepak »

Mauro72 wrote:" v0.02
[-] The plugin no longer appears when F11 is pressed in a dialog. "

The same with last version (1.01). Any help pepak?
Thanks.
I am not sure what help you'd like. It was a bug that the plugin appeared when F11 was pressed in a dialog. I fixed it so it wouldn't. And it seems the fix works, as I don't see the plugin in the dialog's plugin menu. But if you have an idea which would make use of Named Folders in dialogs, I am certainly interested.
mata72

Named Folders Lite

Post by mata72 »

Do you plan to support fstp network paths like fstp://user@ip:port/directory/subdirectory in Named Folders Lite?
It is supported by the default Folder shortcuts function but not by Named Folders.
pepak

Named Folders Lite

Post by pepak »

I don't plan to support FSTP specifically, but I did try to support plugin paths, so as far as I know, your example should work fine. Unless I got something wrong, of course.
mata72

Named Folders Lite

Post by mata72 »

Oh, good news :)
The only problem is, that if I try to type cd:dir_shortcut in the command line, I get the following message:
Current SFTP-3 session does not support command you
request. Separate shell session may be opened to process
the command. Do you want to open separate shell
session?

Note: The server must provide Unix-like shell and the
shell must use same path syntax as current SFTP-3
session.
Ok Cancel
[ ] Never ask me again
Do you have an idea, how to avoid this?
pepak

Named Folders Lite

Post by pepak »

I am not sure if anything can be done. For example, in NetBox the FARPlug's edit:<file doesn't work either. I suppose this is a question for people like HaRT, who is far more knowledgeable about FAR internals than me.
pepak

Named Folders Lite

Post by pepak »

But I did try now to create a shortcut to a FTP directory (of NetBox) and it did work OK. I just had to create the shortcut in the GUI (FTP in the left panel, Named Folders in the right panel, SHIFT+F4 in the right panel).
mata72

Named Folders Lite

Post by mata72 »

Cool! It works for me too. :Yahoo!: Thanks for the help!
fml2

Named Folders Lite

Post by fml2 »

Спасибо за полезную функцию!

Нельзя ли было еще реализовать следующее: в командной строке я ввожу "cd:", нажимаю какую-нибудь кнопку (например, Ctrl+Space) и получаю список возможных имен. Если я ввел "cd:a", то должны показываться только те имена, которые начинаются на "a".

Т.е. как бы такое автодополнение.
pepak

Named Folders Lite

Post by pepak »

That function is already there, in a fashion: If you type cd:a and press enter, then either you move immediately to a named folder if there is just one with name starting with a, or you get shown a list of matching named folders and you can choose.
Last edited by pepak on Thu 11 Feb, 2016 16:54, edited 1 time in total.
fml2

Named Folders Lite

Post by fml2 »

Cool, thanks!

Another question. Is it possible to jump to a subfolder of a named folder?

I.e. I have a named folder "a" which points to "c:\AAA". AAA has a subfolder "BBB".

Now I'd like to type "cd:a\BBB" und jump to c:\AAA\BBB.
pepak

Named Folders Lite

Post by pepak »

Subfolder is not possible per-se, because by an earlier request, it is possible to organize named folders into a directory-like structure and it would be difficult to determine whether a\b should be a "subdirectory b of named folder a", or rather "named folder b stored in 'directory' a".
HaRT

Named Folders Lite

Post by HaRT »

pepak wrote: it is possible to organize named folders into a directory-like structure
The original Named Folders plugin differentiates this very simply: “a/b” (with regular slash) uses shortcuts hierarchy whereas “a\b” (with backslash) uses file system structure. Makes sense?
Фар есть инструмент, а не нянька. © 2009 DrKnS
pepak

Named Folders Lite

Post by pepak »

Version 1.02
  • FAR Forum user q726xan5on provided a number of ideas (and example code) for enhancing Named Folders Lite. Thanks!
  • Added Russian translation by q726xan5on.
  • Command "cd:" opens the plugin's panel.
  • Support for remembering the last used directory in the plugin's panel. Note that this feature is turned off by default; if you want to use it, enable it in Plugin Options.
  • Support for using "variables" within directory-based named folders. The support is disabled by default, but can be enabled in Plugin Options globally and then for each kind of variable separately:
    • Known folders: "$(DIR:STARTMENU)", "$(CSIDL_STARTMENU)"
    • Environment: "$(ENV:USERPROFILE)", "$(ENV:TEMP)"
    • CMD environment: "%USERPROFILE%", "%TEMP%"
    • Registry: "$(REG:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\SomeApp)"
  • Support for Plugin.Call functionality of FAR's macro language. Read the details in the documentation.
  • Fixed an endless loop in case the users attempts to jump to a directory which doesn't have any existing component (e.g. target is "D:\A\B" but there is no "D:" drive present).
  • When creating new named folders from command line using "cd::name", create all intermediate directories. Before, "cd::a\b" correctly created a named folder, but unless directory "a" was created manually from the panels, "a\b" would not be visible (though you could still use it with "cd:a\b").
  • Fixed overflowing edit in the Make Directory dialog.
  • Support for building Named Folders Lite with Delphi 10.1 Berlin.
pepak

Named Folders Lite

Post by pepak »

And yes, I will be adding support for a/b\c, where a/b is a named folder and \c is a filesystem subdirectory. Unless I run into some unexpected complications.
GAAlex

Named Folders Lite

Post by GAAlex »

Bug?
Bug?
Bug?
FarTest.gif (341.71 KiB) Viewed 16056 times

Return to “General Plug-In Discussions”