Named Folders Lite

Here you can discuss about your favorite plug-in.
twodev

Named Folders Lite

Post by twodev »

Latest post of the previous page:

This has been of my most essential plugins, even back on FAR2! Much love for this!

I'd like to suggest adding a cp: and mv: prefix to copy and move files directly to a named folder using FAR's internal routines (just passing it to the dialogs possibly?).
If often would be useful to just drop a file somewhere directly form the cmdline.
If there is already a way to do something like this please let me know. Thanks :)
far2 plugins: format menu (discuss) | editor tools (discuss); far2 tools: lngtool
pepak

Named Folders Lite

Post by pepak »

twodev wrote: Fri 17 Feb, 2023 11:18 This has been of my most essential plugins, even back on FAR2! Much love for this!

I'd like to suggest adding a cp: and mv: prefix to copy and move files directly to a named folder using FAR's internal routines (just passing it to the dialogs possibly?).
If often would be useful to just drop a file somewhere directly form the cmdline.
If there is already a way to do something like this please let me know. Thanks :)
I don't think there's an API for using the FAR copy/move function from a plugin directly. It might be possible by simulating keypresses through a macro, but that's a highly unreliable method (although I do use it in one of my plugins, not sure which). I try to stay away from that.

Maybe if you give a more detailed explanation of what you want to achieve (and how it should be done, from the PoV of the user), an alternative solution could be found.
Last edited by pepak on Fri 17 Feb, 2023 17:58, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Plug-In Discussions”