InnoSetup module for Observer

Here you can discuss about your favorite plug-in.
HaRT

Post by HaRT »

Latest post of the previous page:

pepak wrote: Sun 20 Dec, 2020 17:06 https://www.pepak.net/files/far/innounp-0.50.2-mod.zip
  • Fixed support for encrypted archives (thanks Markus2).
[…]
When I try to open the K-Lite Codec Pack installer by Observer, I'm getting a , but any non-empty password suffices (for the listing, not for upacking). Is is hard to avoid firing the password prompt for merely listing the archive?
Original discussion in Russian
Фар есть инструмент, а не нянька. © 2009 DrKnS
pepak

Post by pepak »

Pasha_ZZZ wrote: Fri 17 Feb, 2023 06:11 unpacking (inside ZIP is IS multi volume) - more than 70 TB shows progress in Observer (unpacks correct).
I did encounter issues with progressbar before. I was never able to solve it, partially because I was never able to correctly replicate it. I will take a look at your installer to see if I can do something. However, I won't have time for it for quite some time (probably not before the end of March).
Last edited by pepak on Fri 17 Feb, 2023 17:53, edited 1 time in total.
pepak

Post by pepak »

HaRT wrote: Fri 17 Feb, 2023 16:39
pepak wrote: Sun 20 Dec, 2020 17:06 https://www.pepak.net/files/far/innounp-0.50.2-mod.zip
[…]
When I try to open the K-Lite Codec Pack installer by Observer, I'm getting a , but any non-empty password suffices (for the listing, not for upacking). Is is hard to avoid firing the password prompt for merely listing the archive?
I don't think there is anything I can do about it. As far as I can tell, Observer needs to learn about the password requirement as soon as OpenStorage is called, before any reading of the archive is actually done. I can try to read the file list at that time, but even if that succeeds, then what? If there's a possibility that a single encrypted file will be extracted, I need to have the password and I can only get it at this time, not later. I think a major change in Observer's interface would be needed.
HaRT

Post by HaRT »

pepak wrote: Fri 17 Feb, 2023 17:52 Observer needs to learn about the password requirement as soon as OpenStorage is called, before any reading of the archive is actually done.
I got an impression that the password request is kinda initiated by the module, not by Observer itself:
Ariman wrote: Fri 17 Feb, 2023 10:26 Это проблема модуля inno, который зачем-то выбрасывает требования пароля при открытии, хотя он обычно не нужен для листинга.
pepak wrote: Fri 17 Feb, 2023 17:52 I need to have the password and I can only get it at this time, not later.
If the password entered initially when opening the archive doesn't work for unpacking, Observer asks for a password again. I assume it feeds that to the module somehow then.
pepak wrote: Fri 17 Feb, 2023 17:52 I think a major change in Observer's interface would be needed.
Do you need me as a mediator to clarify this with Ariman?
Фар есть инструмент, а не нянька. © 2009 DrKnS
pepak

Post by pepak »

If I can simply tell OpenStorage that everything is fine and then later on ask for the password, that might work. I will need to test that.
Ariman

Post by Ariman »

HaRT wrote: Fri 17 Feb, 2023 18:59I got an impression that the password request is kinda initiated by the module, not by Observer itself:
Module simply returns appropriate error code. After that plugin shows password dialog and retries same call with password value.
pepak wrote: Fri 17 Feb, 2023 21:30 If I can simply tell OpenStorage that everything is fine and then later on ask for the password, that might work. I will need to test that.
If you need password to open storage file then you should return SOR_PASSWORD_REQUIRED from OpenStorage (I suppose that inno module does this now).
If you need password for file extraction then you should return SER_PASSWORD_REQUIRED from ExtractItem.
pepak

Post by pepak »

Pasha_ZZZ wrote: Fri 17 Feb, 2023 06:11 unpacking (inside ZIP is IS multi volume) - more than 70 TB shows progress in Observer (unpacks correct).
Fixed in version 0.50.3.
HaRT wrote: Fri 17 Feb, 2023 16:39
[…]
Fixed in version 0.50.3.
pepak

Post by pepak »

https://www.pepak.net/files/far/innounp-0.50.3-mod.zip
  • Observer module: Don't request the password for an encrypted archive before it is needed to extract an encrypted file. It is now possible to view the contents of the encrypted archive and extract non-encrypted parts of it.
  • Fixed the extraction progress display. Observer expects the number of extracted bytes since the last report, I was sending the number of extracted bytes so far.

Return to “General Plug-In Discussions”